Question Replacing GPU fan (120MM, clockwise, 9-blades, 4-pin) with Chasis fan (120MM, anti-clockwise, 7-blades, 4-pin) good?

manoj327

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2014
HI
My GPU fan blade broken and i fixed it with a Plastic gum but their are some vibrations and i cannot find the replacement fan right now in the market.
So i am thinking to replace the fan with 120MM chassis fan (chassis fan with few modification to fit in my GPU socket with screws)

My GPU is ZOTAC RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO

Things i need to know:

1. Fan rotation matter (GPU fan is clockwise and Chassis fan is anticlockwise)?
  2. Number of Fan Blades matter (GPU fan has 9-blades and Chassis fan has 7 blades)?
  3. Chassis fan RPM should match with GPU fan RPM (GPU middle fan RPM unknown)?
  4. Dose any one know ZOTAC RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO Middle fan RPM?

manoj327

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2014
Your GPU is fairly new and should be under warranty, you should RMA the card instead of having to reverse engineer something that came faulty out of the box.
Physical damage don't have warranty, but will replace my GPU fan when they are available to solve the issue.
right now chassis fan is only the solution.
i will power it with motherboard and it just attached to the graphic card so no GPU cir-cute is disturbed