Question Replacing GPU from the motherboard with another one Hawlett Packard 3047h

ronisub48

Honorable
Nov 20, 2018
Hi,Can I replace the GPU ATI RADEON 4200 HD from the motherboard Hawlett Packard 3047h with another one?
If not,what can I do to replace the GPU? Are there some steps that I could do?
I can only replace GPUS with low profiles?

The black slot on your photo is likely pcie but that is the minor part of your problem.

Most video cards need a special power connector directly from the power supply to the card. Your power supply does not appear to have one. Some very old and low power cards can get the power from the pcie slot. Not sure if there are differences on how much power a pcie slot can provide it has been a very long time since I used a video card that does not get most its power from its own power cable.

ronisub48

Honorable
Nov 20, 2018
The black slot on your photo is likely pcie but that is the minor part of your problem.

Most video cards need a special power connector directly from the power supply to the card. Your power supply does not appear to have one. Some very old and low power cards can get the power from the pcie slot. Not sure if there are differences on how much power a pcie slot can provide it has been a very long time since I used a video card that does not get most its power from its own power cable.
So what can I do to install a GPU graphics card into my PC? Do I use the PCIE slot without the power supply?

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
Hi,Can I replace the GPU ATI RADEON 4200 HD from the motherboard Hawlett Packard 3047h with another one?
If not,what can I do to replace the GPU? Are there some steps that I could do?
I can only replace GPUS with low profiles?

you can use a GT 1030 GDDR5, it's a low profile gpu. And it only needs the pcie slot. No need to connect to power supply.

please watch this video. :)

View: https://youtu.be/a80mtoQklSo

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
are you asking me?

yeah, you only need to insert the GT 1030 into the pcie slot, and it will be fine there. Of course, you also use the screw to the side so it does not fall off.

and you need a driver from Nvidia website to install it on your pc.

ronisub48

Honorable
Nov 20, 2018
are you asking me?

yeah, you only need to insert the GT 1030 into the pcie slot, and it will be fine there. Of course, you also use the screw to the side so it does not fall off.

and you need a driver from Nvidia website to install it on your pc.
I was asking the moderator @USAFRet!
@Tac 25 Is there another graphicS card that I can use instead of GT 1030?
From these 2 websites?
https://www.unick.ro/?match=all&sub...ecurity_hash=8b7344a0f7dfbf680931075d590172b7

https://www.interlink.ro/product/search?search=placa video

I am having issues opening those links which is strange. Maybe the site is blocking traffic coming from sites in the USA.

There likely are other cards that will work. Key here is the card must be powered from the PCIE slot only.

If you are lucky you can just plug the card in and it will work after you load the proper drivers but on some motherboards it is not that simple. Since you will now have 2 video cards in the machine how does the machine know which one you want to use. You might have to make a change in the bios.
You can get into all kinds of messy configurations. I know when I used to run 2 different cards it would always use the one in the lowest PCIE slot and then it would switch over once the OS was booted.

You likely can get it to work but when you are using these prebuilt machines that use proprietary motherboards you are going to have to experiment. These are not really designed to be upgraded so there is very little information from the vendor.

TRENDING THREADS