Question Replacing graphics card after issues, checking compatibility

Feb 3, 2020
Hello I believe my 980 ti has essentially started dying (monitors dc after use often) and I need to replace it. I wanted to go with either a 2060/2070 as a stop gap until I get a new PC entirely.

I have a ASUS X-99A motherboard and wanted to make sure that they are compatible with this motherboard (to clarify the 2060/2070 graphics cards).

Also wondering if I should just replace my power supply as well to make sure I solve the issue. I currently have a 800W High Power Power Supply.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is High Power the brand of your PSU? If so, how old is the unit? Got a link to the PSU? Better if you could shoot us a picture of the unit. If it is indeed a cheap unit, then yes you're going to have to replace the PSU in order to protect your investments.

Reactions: Flytan
Feb 3, 2020
I decided to end up buying a new PC but that won't arrive for a few weeks. Wondering if anyone could recommend a compatible GPU for the ASUS X-99A motherboard that's extremely cheap and will function adequately when playing League of Legends/WoW on low settings.

Would appreciate it.