replacing graphics card on hp laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEYUR KAPADIA

Reputable
May 6, 2015
can we replace graphics card in hp notebook 14 r206ne ?? core i5 5th gen. 6 gb ram . nvidia 820m graphics. If possible then with which series graphics.?

Solution
Unfortunately you really cannot. Laptops are built for their job and only for it. as a result overclocking and power delivery is extremely limited if it even exists on a mid range laptop. So unless you replace it with the same card or one with exactly the same power specs and very similar thermal specs, it can end disastrously.the 930m may work, but please check all the specs and see if they are similar.
Unfortunately you really cannot. Laptops are built for their job and only for it. as a result overclocking and power delivery is extremely limited if it even exists on a mid range laptop. So unless you replace it with the same card or one with exactly the same power specs and very similar thermal specs, it can end disastrously.the 930m may work, but please check all the specs and see if they are similar.

Solution

Harrison Whitmarsh

Reputable
May 1, 2015

Hello Keyur and welcome to Toms!

Please take to heart the wise words above, they are completely right. A lot of people try to take laptops apart and upgrade them, and then do un-fixable damage to them. Know that most laptops these days are NOT upgradable in the CPU and GPU realm, and it should not be tried.

I hope my third voice helps!

- Harrison Whitmarsh
Lincoln Nebraska USA

Really just save up for a new build. laptop GPUs are often over priced, that along with a high chance of complete failure is a real no go. if you really like the upgrade factor then get a PC, if not just buy a good laptop $1000+ that will hold its edge as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS