[SOLVED] Replacing Hard Drive

Jul 12, 2020
I have two computers that are identical, one computer hard disk died so I removed the hard drive from the other computer to the one that had its drive die, now that I boot up with it, it won't start, it shows a startup repair and it doesn't fix it and remains on thag screen. Sometimes it would load a second from the windows 7 boot up animation but it only shows a second before rebooting the PC by itself to repair the issue. So what could be the issue? (They're both Windows 7)

Solution
I think I kinda get it now, you mean D & E drives.. well I can’t do that it’s impossible, connecting the hard disk will bring up these drives along, its not each drive equals a hard disk it’s the hard disk separated in parts how can I merge all
Those "drives" are partitions, not physical drives.

From your above pic, it looked like maybe possibly mutiple physical drives.

If it does not boot up with only this ONE physical drive connected, then the differences are too much.
Even if it is just the overclock, as you state.

Moving a drive+OS to a different system sometimes Does Not Work.
Here, it apparently does not.
There is no magic to make it work.

Do a clean OS install on this non-dead drive.
Jul 12, 2020
IMAG0399.jpg

Something fishy here. 90 MB on C??

Jul 12, 2020
Because my primary PC hard disk died so I’m replacing it with the secondary. The windows is operating on the D Drive how to switch it to C?

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020
Still unclear.

You had/have 2 systems, maybe identical.
The drive in System A died.
You took the drive from System B, and put it in System A.

Why not just use System B/

Because system A has its cpu n gpu overclocked, the way I booted up isi have just replaced the drives and hit the power button

USAFRet

Titan
Because system A has its cpu n gpu overclocked, the way I booted up isi have just replaced the drives and hit the power button

So they are not "identical".

I need to move the windows installation from d to C or, try to boot up using D idk if that’s possible

It doesn't work like that.
Whatever drive and OS it boots up from will see itself as the C drive.

Disconnect ALL drives except that which you wish to boot from.
Power ON.
What happens?

Jul 12, 2020
The drive you wish to use, from the broken PC. That is the ONLY one you want connected.
Disconnect ALL other physical drives.

Can you rephrase please? I’m really sorry I dont get it. You want me to disconnect the hard drive that I took from the working PC? Are you referring drive as in hard drive?

USAFRet

Titan
Can you rephrase please? I’m really sorry I dont get it. You want me to disconnect the hard drive that I took from the working PC? Are you referring drive as in hard drive?
I'm saying have only THAT drive connected.
Whatever other physical drives are involved here...disconnected.

Just to see if the system boots up from this replacement drive, with minimal other complications.

Jul 12, 2020
I think I kinda get it now, you mean D & E drives.. well I can’t do that it’s impossible, connecting the hard disk will bring up these drives along, its not each drive equals a hard disk it’s the hard disk separated in parts how can I merge all

Jul 12, 2020
So basically run the PC without a hard disk. It just boots up the bios then saves changes and appears a black screen that is saying there’s no hard disk strike any key (I’m not accurately what it says)

USAFRet

Titan
Those "drives" are partitions, not physical drives.

From your above pic, it looked like maybe possibly mutiple physical drives.

If it does not boot up with only this ONE physical drive connected, then the differences are too much.
Even if it is just the overclock, as you state.

Moving a drive+OS to a different system sometimes Does Not Work.
Here, it apparently does not.
There is no magic to make it work.

Do a clean OS install on this non-dead drive.

Solution
Jul 12, 2020
Actually, my wand works. I just flicked a magic spell. Windows 7 has a bug where if you do a start up repair on its results it would give you access to notepad from that notepad you take it to Save As from File, it then boom, gives you access to your folders. Choose ALL type of files to be visible. I swerved around there and found an installation folder for windows 7 (all versions) and windows 10(pro & home) and I'm currently operating windows 10 after a successful installation without CD, DVD, USB or any of that crap. To those who are stuck, just swerve the whole *** you will find an installation setup that works.

Last edited by a moderator: