Question Replacing HDD and win10 in a laptop, how can I use the gpu again?

Jun 7, 2019
My friend's lenovo ideapad32015iKB (Machine Type Model: 80YE004XSA) has lost its Hard drive. The HDD just broke, I have the laptop now and I want to put in a new ssd and put on a new copy of Windows 10 so that I can use the computer again. The laptop has an intel i7 sticker on it as well as an AMD radeon graphics sticker. Here is my issue.

I put Linux on it really quick to check out what amd GPU it had and it only showed me the intel integrated graphics. No AMD gpu in sight. I researched that many laptop gpus do NOT work with any random install of operatng systems. So, my question is if I put windows in the computer with its new ssd, will that allow me to use the GPU from AMD?

tl;dr If you take a hardrive out of a laptop and replace it for a fresh install of windows, are you going to be able to use the gpu again?

Jun 7, 2019
Hard to imagine something not work with Windows, and Lenovo are Wintel PC are they not? it should work. If you are sold this laptop with 7 days to test then u better get that Win10 quick before your friend disappears!
Oh she sold me it with no hdd, I tried to recover data from her drive but it was broken, I bought it cheap enough so no bid deal if I have to put linux or something on it, I just really really want windows for Sims4 so that my fiance can play on it, for that i need to figure out the gpu

Jun 7, 2019
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I SOLVED IT!!!
All I did was a fresh windows install off of a usb stick i put the windows image creation tool's iso on, installed windows from boot up, then as usual only intel's integrated graphics.
Then I went here

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/.../320-15ikb/80ye/80ye004xsa/pf0sqqvm/downloads

Put your PC's SN in this website's search bar and then it will pop up your exact PC, download all the drivers you want, especially one of the graphics drivers, if your PC has a "radeon" sticker, you download the AMD driver, if "geforce" or "gtx" you download the nvidea driver, click on download and run it, it should download. Then you can check your newly updated display adapter list under windows "device manager," the key is to get the graphics driver from lenovo itself or whatever company put together you computer.