Question Replacing internal power receptacle on hp pavilion power

flashmantom59

Reputable
Dec 19, 2017
Hey everyone, a few months ago I knocked my HP Pavilion Power onto the floor. This bent the bit from the power adapter. It continued to work for awhile, but eventually stopped working. I replaced the power supply (why don't the manufacturers make the cord with the bit detachable like the wall cord). But, I have been having problems with the display. From time to time it flickers, sometimes to the point that is displays multicolored vertical lines. It seems to get worse when the power adapter cord is jostled. Obviously the part inside the machine where the adapter plugs into was damaged in the fall as well. I need to find the part so that I can replace it. It's been awhile since I repaired one of my laptops, so the usual outlets where I got my parts no longer offer parts (this site and newegg). Does anyone know a good site to get parts?

flashmantom59

Reputable
Dec 19, 2017
Hey everyone, a few months ago I knocked my HP Pavilion Power onto the floor. This bent the bit from the power adapter. It continued to work for awhile, but eventually stopped working. I replaced the power supply (why don't the manufacturers make the cord with the bit detachable like the wall cord). But, I have been having problems with the display. From time to time it flickers, sometimes to the point that is displays multicolored vertical lines. It seems to get worse when the power adapter cord is jostled. Obviously the part inside the machine where the adapter plugs into was damaged in the fall as well. I need to find the part so that I can replace it. It's been awhile since I repaired one of my laptops, so the usual outlets where I got my parts no longer offer parts (this site and newegg). Does anyone know a good site to get parts?
Hey guys, I found the part. Didn't think about ebay. My Homer moment for the day, doooo