Replacing laptop monitor

I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 with a smash monitor, is it worth replacing or
would the cost be out of reach? Richard H

If you can find a good used one, maybe. If you have to buy a new one
from Dell or another vendor, you're looking at $500+, so you'd probably
be better off selling the system for parts and buying a replacement.

"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
> If you can find a good used one, maybe. If you have to buy a new one from
> Dell or another vendor, you're looking at $500+, so you'd probably be
> better off selling the system for parts and buying a replacement.
>

> Richard Hardy wrote:
>> I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 with a smash monitor, is it worth replacing
>> or would the cost be out of reach? Richard H

You might e-mail or call these guys. I picked up the link from another
group, but I have no idea as to their pricing or quality of work - but they
may give you a good point of reference or another option:

http://www.parts-people.com/

Stew