Question replacing mobo in order to access web based cryptocurrency wallet

May 7, 2020
A few days ago my main pc that I use to log into metamask wallet (which is a web based wallet on chrome extension) stopped working and I have not been able to get it functioning again. I have determined that the motherboard has failed. If unfamiliar with metamask, there are 2 ways to access this wallet, one is if you have a 12 word seed phrase (which I no longer have) or logging in directly through chrome which has my account info saved in a vault on my hard drive I have ordered a new motherboard which is a very similar model to the one that is broken. My hope is that since I am using pretty much the same mobo as the previous one, is that when i boot up, the computer will act as if nothing has changed. My fear is that upon boot up, it will change windows interface in some way or affect my hard drive which is not backed up, causing me to be permanently locked out and unable to access my funds. Does anyone have insight on the probabilities of each scenario and possible advice considering the delicacy of my situation. Thank you.

specs
processor - Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E Quad-Core 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 2011
motherboard (old) ASUS P9X79 LE LGA 2011
motherboard (new) ASUS P9X79 LGA 2011
psu - EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX750B
gpu - MSI GEFORCE GTX1070
ram - CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
hard drive(1) - Intel 335 Series Jay Crest SSDSC2CT240A4K5 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
hard drive(2) ADATA Ultimate SU800 512GB 3D NAND 2.5 Inch SATA-III Internal Solid State Drive (ASU800SS-512GT-C)
not sure which hard drive has windows stored on it
OS - Windows 10 (upgraded from windows 8)

May 7, 2020
A few days ago my main pc that I use to log into metamask wallet (which is a web based wallet on chrome extension) stopped working and I have not been able to get it functioning again. I have determined that the motherboard has failed. If unfamiliar with metamask, there are 2 ways to access this wallet, one is if you have a 12 word seed phrase (which I no longer have) or logging in directly through chrome which has my account info saved in a vault on my hard drive I have ordered a new motherboard which is a very similar model to the one that is broken. My hope is that since I am using pretty much the same mobo as the previous one, is that when i boot up, the computer will act as if nothing has changed. My fear is that upon boot up, it will change windows interface in some way or affect my hard drive which is not backed up, causing me to be permanently locked out and unable to access my funds. Does anyone have insight on the probabilities of each scenario and possible advice moving forward considering the delicacy of my situation. Thank you.

specs
processor - Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E Quad-Core 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 2011
motherboard (old) ASUS P9X79 LE LGA 2011
motherboard (new) ASUS P9X79 LGA 2011
psu - EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX750B
gpu - MSI GEFORCE GTX1070
ram - CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
hard drive(1) - Intel 335 Series Jay Crest SSDSC2CT240A4K5 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
hard drive(2) ADATA Ultimate SU800 512GB 3D NAND 2.5 Inch SATA-III Internal Solid State Drive (ASU800SS-512GT-C)
not sure which hard drive has windows stored on it
OS - Windows 10 (upgraded from windows 8)