replacing motherboard ... not many specs

ebludavis

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
Hello all,

I wanted to try replacing the motherboard on a well-used Toshiba Satellite L755 that has developed a some coil whine in its age. I downloaded Speccy but didn't get as much info as expected:

Motherboard
Manufacturer Intel Corp.
Model Base Board Product Name (CPU1)
Version Base Board Version
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Sandy Bridge
Chipset Revision 09
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model HM65
Southbridge Revision B2

I was hoping to find a board around $50 I could swap with this, given the age and use of the laptop.

Is there a way to get better info on the model without cracking the case or is this all there is?

Any tips on what replacement I could look for?

Thank you!

Solution
The version of the board for your rig is A000080670 DA0BLBMB6A0
There are other boards that fit it, two different AMD ones and an alternate Intel number, but the part number I listed seems to be the newest revision as far as I can tell (they don't actually outright tell us which is newer)

ebludavis

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
I don't know if this is useful then but I appreciate the offer to find a compatible motherboard, thank you!

The sticker meant to contain this info at the bottom of the case was blank, but running Toshiba's Product Info utility showed this:

Satellite L755
Serial: 9B327324W
Part #: PSK1WU-0M904Y

Mark RM

Admirable
The version of the board for your rig is A000080670 DA0BLBMB6A0
There are other boards that fit it, two different AMD ones and an alternate Intel number, but the part number I listed seems to be the newest revision as far as I can tell (they don't actually outright tell us which is newer)

Solution