Replacing motherboard to a new one which does not support windows 7 can I install Windows 10 at boot.

May 21, 2018
I need to replace my PC motherboard to a new one which does not support windows 7 can I install windows 10 when I boot up new motherboard?

Solution

OK, yes.
You need Win 10.
Even if it did theoretically support Win 7, you'd need to do a full reinstall anyway.
So you might as well go with Win 10.

In answer to your question, Yes.
How to do a CLEAN installation of Windows 10

USAFRet

Titan

1. Why do you need to replace the motherboard?

2. What board is it that does not support Win 7?

3. Of course you can do a clean install of Win 10 on a new board (new system). That's how new systems get built.

May 21, 2018

May 21, 2018
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard with i7-8700 Processor. In machine now Gigabyte Z97X (which has failed) and I7-4790K Processor, (4th Generation) OS Windows 7

USAFRet

Titan

OK, yes.
You need Win 10.
Even if it did theoretically support Win 7, you'd need to do a full reinstall anyway.
So you might as well go with Win 10.

In answer to your question, Yes.

Solution

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
+1^
It isn't the board that won't support W7, it is the Coffee Lake CPUs. In fact, some folks have gotten W7 to run fine with Coffee Lake CPUs. That board even has drivers for win7 in its support downloads. But yes, W10 is the safest bet.

Btw, this is why it is important to list your system specs when you post a question like that ;-)