[SOLVED] Replacing motherboard

Mar 21, 2020
I am replacing my motherboard because my current one doesn't support 9th gen CPUs. I have not replaced a motherboard before, so I came here to be 100% sure that I'm doing things right. My question is:
Can someone tell me what I should do before/after replacing the motherboard? I have heard that I should reinstall windows, but do I also wipe my data? I wouldn't mind wiping my drives and start "fresh" as I dont really have anything super important on my computer. If I should wipe my drives, how do I do that? I also have a windows USB stick that im planning to use after the installation, and I assume that won't be too hard to do?

Thank you to anyone who would take their time to answer my question! Really appreciate it

Solution
Starting fresh:

Mar 21, 2020
You want to reuse your current case? Well, what is it? Manufacturer & Model number.

You can delete existing partitions on your storage drive at the beginning of the Windows installation. This will give you an empty drive to start with.
I am planning to use the same case. It is a Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout

Mar 21, 2020
Starting fresh:

This question might seem stupid, but do I need to do the first section about creating installation media? I do already have a USB with windows on it

USAFRet

Titan
This question might seem stupid, but do I need to do the first section about creating installation media? I do already have a USB with windows on it
How old is that USB install media? If more than 6 months old, you might as well make a new one.
Costs nothing except a few minutes to make a new one, saving MUCH more time in the needed updates from using an old one.

Mar 21, 2020
How old is that USB install media? If more than 6 months old, you might as well make a new one.
Costs nothing except a few minutes to make a new one, saving MUCH more time in the needed updates from using an old one.
Yes it is over 6 months old so I will follow your advice and make a new one. Thank you for the help!