Question Replacing Motherboard.

Transam4558

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
I have a desk top with a Biostar G41D3+ motherboard, lga775 socket with an E5450 cpu, is a DDR3 8GB RAM, that works great, but I am thinking about changing the board for a Gigabyte GA-EP43T-USB3, DDR3. I do also have an SSD & HDD installed.

As I am not a computer whizz but enjoy tinkering, I was wondering if I will encounter a problem with the different chipset number or with my Windows 10, which was provided by my local PC shop a couple of years back, think it was their business install, but my PC says it's OK and updates OK.

Thanks for your thought's, advice, though I am not interested in buying new updated stuff, my PC is not used for gaming etc...

Last edited:
I have a desk top with a Biostar G41D3+ motherboard, lga775 socket with an E5450 cpu, is a DDR3 8GB RAM, that works great, but I am thinking about changing the board for a Gigabyte GA-EP43T-USB3, DDR3. I do also have an SSD & HDD installed.

As I am not a computer whizz but enjoy tinkering, I was wondering if I will encounter a problem with the different chipset number or with my Windows 10, which was provided by my local PC shop a couple of years back, think it was their business install, but my PC says it's OK and updates OK.

Thanks for your thought's, advice, though I am not interested in buying new updated stuff, my PC is not used for gaming etc...
As usual, first consult CPU compatibility list
https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Gigabyte/GA-EP43T-USB3(rev._1.0).html