[SOLVED] Replacing my cpu fan (aio cooler)

Jan 1, 2021
Today my h100iv2 corsair water cooler appears to have kicked the bucket. On boot I get ‘cpu fan error’ and after much digging it appears the pump has stopped working. (I disabled monitoring however the cpu temps are sky rocketing after a minute or 2). It is plugged into the cpu_fan header and to the usb header for the link software however it is not even showing in the link software anymore. Unless anyone has any genius fixes I’ve decided to buy a new cpu cooler (this time I'm going for air cooling I think). The cpu socket is LGA-1151.
Will the mounting bracket on the back of the motherboard (for the current aio cooler) work with a new air cooler or will I need to remove the motherboard to change the mounting bracket on the back for my new cooler? Any help is appreciated.

Solution
depending on the cooler you buy you will get either get a new mounting back plate with the cooler or you will be required to put the stock back plate back on

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
depending on the cooler you buy you will get either get a new mounting back plate with the cooler or you will be required to put the stock back plate back on

Solution