Replacing my geforce 720

Apr 7, 2018
Hello,
I was hoping to replace my nvidia geforce 720 with nvidia geforce 1050 (not the Ti version)
to be specific :https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1050WF2OC-2GD#sp
but, i was unsure if my geforce 720 required a 6 pin power connector or a 4 pin and if i would have to change my power supply to install the 1050. Since they both have the same power requirement (300 W), I got confused
please guide me as to what is should do.

Solution
I don't see any reason why the graphics card would not fit within your case. The main question is going to be the power supply. Looking at the specs sheet I found, it doesn't list it, so it will likely need to be replaced before you attempt to install a new graphics card.

-Wolf sends
Apr 7, 2018

i do not know the model number of the psu (i think its OEM). But i can give you my pc's model number which is dell xps 8700
Also , my pc is a mini tower(i think) thus could you also tell me if the 1050 would fit inside my case?

Wolfshadw

Titan
I don't see any reason why the graphics card would not fit within your case. The main question is going to be the power supply. Looking at the specs sheet I found, it doesn't list it, so it will likely need to be replaced before you attempt to install a new graphics card.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Apr 7, 2018

Thanks for your help!