Replacing my GTX 480's in SLI

dilligas

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
The heat is just to much when I run these with my 3 monitors....amazing. So I need to get another card i can run in SLI that will not be so freaking hot and maybe I can get some coolers on these old cards? I have a P8Z68-V motherboard and this monster of a case the Graphite Series 600T. I was just going to keep the cards but could not find a solution to keep them cool with liquid and if anything would fit on them because they seem so close. ugh
So, either I need 2 new cards (will give the cards to my kids) so I run these 3 monitors without breaking the bank OR figure out how to cool these monsters down.
Cheers!

dilligas

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
im looking at the 670's but two of them would be close to 700 bucks. Would it not be better to just get a cooling system if I can find a way to fit something in between the cards?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I think it really depends on if you can re-purpose the old cards or not. No idea what I am going to do with these 580s when I decide to upgrade, not really any re-sale value.

You either sell and upgrade every time a new series comes out, or you just keep plugging along until they stop working (or Direct X 12 comes out or something)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
My first thought was to get some Titan / GTX780 coolers off of someone who did watercooling and adapt those on there. Couldn't find anyone willing to sell at reasonable prices and no one responded here or on overclock.net.

I think it would be 'cool' if someone pulled that off.