Replacing my motherboard (newbie) (Got questions)

Flareux

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016
I'm replacing my motherboard and cpu. I'm quite the beginner at replacing parts and i've some questions.

I currently have https://www.asus.com/dk/Tower-PCs/G10AC/ this one. I've since then replaced both the powersupply (750 W now) and the gpu (GTX 1060 6GB)

Now i wanna replace the motherboard (Asus ROG Strix B360-F), cpu (I7-8700), RAM (2x HyperX Fury DDR4 16 GB) and add a SSD (Kingston A1000 240 GB) with my HDD.

The past changes was super easy but this one is quite big. So i've some questions.

1: I've read up on replacing the motherboard and it seems i have to reinstall windows (I do though have it bound to my microsoft account) But i have soooo many files on this computer and i'd hope to not have to upload it all (Since that'd take days). Can skip it while replacing all these parts? or do i have to clean install from my account?

2: How do i make sure it's all working correctly after i boot?

3: How do i clean my fan most effectively without it taking damage? (while i have it out)

ebosss03

Notable
May 1, 2018
1. When you use a USB or DISK to insall windows again it will ask if you want to keep your personal files if you want to be sure place all the files on another HDD or SSD.

2. If it doesnt work it wont boot. And if it does the motherboard will tell you whats wrong.

3. Just put the fan in the water exept the cable and leave it to dry while you are installing the mobo.

ASK THE COMMUNITY