Replacing old Ryzen 5 CPU with new Ryzen 7 2700x, computer boots up but no display. HELP!

Jun 4, 2018
Howdy, I've recently purchased a new CPU (Ryzen 7 2700x) for my gaming rig. My previous CPU was a Ryzen 5 1400 working on an ASRock AB350 Pro4. As far as I can tell, the ASrock site clearly lines out that the new CPU is compatible. https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350%20Pro4/index.asp#CPU Maybe it has something to do with the BIOS or whatnot? Anyhow, I simply removed old fan and CPU out of the socket and replace with new CPU and mountings for fan as well as the new fan and now my PC when reconnected to power turns on, fans, lights, and everything but there is no input to the monitor(s). I've researched the problem, specific to my own. I've reset the CMOS (assuming thats just removing the motherboard battery and then reinstalling it). I've tried the motherboard hdmi output. No dice. I also have a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6gb GPU as well as one stick of G.Skill Ripjaw 8gb RAM, and a EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze ATX PS. I'm not insanely well veresed in the hardware and software, just enough to get by. I'm trying other fixes or attempts to; reseating other hardware, retrying the old CPU , etc. Any help is appreciated. Much obliged! :)

Jun 4, 2018

Working on that right now, thank goodness the old CPU works. Hopefully this will work

jc46124

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017

But this is not an issue if you're using a dedicated Graphics Card, yes?

TRENDING THREADS