[SOLVED] Replacing ONLY the mouse, in an RF keyboard/mouse set, using the CONNECT button?

Khairul_2

Reputable
Apr 5, 2017
Hi all,

I have a Perixx PERIDUO-707 PLUS wireless keyboard/mouse combo that I've been using for the past five years. Being a combo, they both run from a single RF receiver. Unfortunately I've damaged the mouse and I was hoping to be able to get a replacement for the mouse only.

After having no luck finding the same Perixx-branded mouse available to purchase by itself, after typing the mouse's model number (MG-0975) into Google, I discovered that the AmazonBasics wireless RF mouse is the exact same mouse, but rebranded. It even has the same FCC ID. On closer inspection of the Amazon listing, I can see that the receiver also has the same model number as the Perixx receiver (RG-0976).

The mouse has a "connect" button underneath it.

Given all the above, what's the likelihood of me being able to pair a new AmazonBasics mouse to the existing Perixx receiver?

Solution
That wireless set looks to be $25 on Amazon, if you like it and don't want to switch models I would just replace the whole thing. You know it will work then. Or you can buy a mouse that may or may not work, and spend time and money on guessing.

This way you also get a new keyboard with all new warranties.
I'm not sure in your specific case.....

But I had a Razer Turret mouse and keyboard (same situation as you) with one USB dongle.

The mouse failed under warranty.

I called Razer and they sent me a complete new mouse and keyboard and new dongle....so I'm thinking there's a chance it won't work.

That wireless set looks to be $25 on Amazon, if you like it and don't want to switch models I would just replace the whole thing. You know it will work then. Or you can buy a mouse that may or may not work, and spend time and money on guessing.

This way you also get a new keyboard with all new warranties.

Solution

Khairul_2

Reputable
Apr 5, 2017
In the end, I discovered that it's not just the mouse that was problematic, it was the receiver as well. In fact, maybe it was just the receiver at fault, and it lost its capability to decipher the signal for a mouse click.

Anyway, I did as @hang-the-9 suggested, because it's the only cheap wireless 75% keyboard I could find on the market. By way of curiosity, I did try to see if the old peripherals work on the new receiver, and there was no success. Each set is hardwired (hardwirelessed?) to its own receiver, so as not to interfere with other sets that may be nearby, and encrypted for security. The manual doesn't even make mention of pressing the CONNECT button for pairing ... it's very much plug and play.

Thanks, both of you, for your time.