Question Replacing PSU, but appears as though my case fans are connected through current PSU?

Feb 11, 2019
Okay, so about a week and a half ago I purchased a pre-built cyberpower gaming rig knowing their rep for installing some shoddy hardware to lower price. Cool. Today I purchased a Corsair CX750M to replace the crumbier thermaltake smart 600w PSU. I figure out all the cables and their proper connections then begin unplugging the thermaltake and realize it looks as though my case fans are connected through the PSU and it doesn't look as though I'm able to take the fans off to reconnect them to the newer Corsair PSU. Am I missing something or am I just screwed on replacing the PSU until i get other case fans?

Thanks for the read and any help you may be able to provide.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
are the fans connected using molex?
main-qimg-fb54d07add1028a11baf74ac41debc49.webp

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019
Okay, so about a week and a half ago I purchased a pre-built cyberpower gaming rig knowing their rep for installing some shoddy hardware to lower price. Cool. Today I purchased a Corsair CX750M to replace the crumbier thermaltake smart 600w PSU. I figure out all the cables and their proper connections then begin unplugging the thermaltake and realize it looks as though my case fans are connected through the PSU and it doesn't look as though I'm able to take the fans off to reconnect them to the newer Corsair PSU. Am I missing something or am I just screwed on replacing the PSU until i get other case fans?

Thanks for the read and any help you may be able to provide.

Can you take a pic of the connection to the PSU?