Replacing RAM - Hyundai Electronics

luious

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
I currently use 4GB RAM manufactured by Hyundai Electronics which seems to be a very local company. I am thinking of upgrading my RAM. So should i remove my current RAM and purchase Corsair 4x2gb RAM or just add Corsair 4gb RAM? Do manufacturer of PC components matter? Does it change any performance? I experience some lag here and there and also in gaming while i have i5-3470. Is it because of my RAM?

Manufacturer, RAM frequency, timings (latency) and voltage matter a lot. Memory sticks are notorious for not playing nice with each other even if they're the same identical set, hence it is not advisable. In your case it'd be better to get new 2X4GB set and ditch the old set.

What GPU do you have? RAM usually don't cause lags, but you can test your sticks for defects using MemTest.

luious

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014

I have Asus HD 7750 v2. I am a casual gamer. I will not call it as 'lag' but my computer hangs a lot while doing even simple multitasking like installing the game and copying files at the same time.
Me saying 'lag' was particularly while playing NFS Rivals. It freezes automatically in between for 15 sec. But i guess there is a problem in the game itself.
Do you think it can be because of me using illegal copy of Windows 8 though i have recently switched to Windows 10 Technical Preview but nothing much changed.

Don't use illegal copies, the risks themselves are not worth taking. I'd do a thorough virus scan by multiple programs. Also I'd look if storage is getting fragmented. Check the memory with MemTest to reveal any issues from that side. 4GB isn't huge but quite fine for everyday multitasking.