Question Replacing Screen ASUS Nitro 5

felixcurtiss

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
Hello,
I was messing with my friend, and he went to shut my laptop screen. I stopped him, but in the process he broke the screen. I am fairly certain that the rest of the computer is relatively intact (hard to tell as the bloody screen is absolutely buggered), seeing as it was the screen that bent. Anyway, I was wondering whether it'd be possible to get a replacement screen. I've heard laptops are harder to upgrade/replace than PCs because the parts are far more specific to model. Fixing the thing would cost 300-400, so it isn't really worth it.
Thanks.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the screen can be replaced provided yoiu can find the right panel. you will need to remove the current one and get the same model.
in the mean time you can add a monitor and trigger the external display (didn't mention the model so I'm guessing it does have an external) to see if the system is working. should be a trigger like Fn+7 (example only varies by model) to enable the external display. there should be a button with what looks like a screen icon.
check the used market, I'm sure someone is selling that panel cheaper.