Replacing secondary storage drive

Hi community

I currently have a Samsung EVO 850 250GB as my OS and driver master drive with Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and Blizzard games installed on.

Then as my second drive I have a Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB which i have the rest of my bulk of data.

I would like to replace the HDD as it is getting rather 'rattly' (I've had it since 2014 and have written many TB's of data to it all together) my SSD is not noisy due to no moving parts so i would like to buy a 1TB SSD but the Samsung EVO 850 1TB is way over priced for me.

Are there any other options?

Thanks!

There are other options, slightly less expensive, but a 1TB SSD will be expensive no matter what:

OCZ Trion 150 SSD 960GB SATA3
SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB SATA3
Crucial BX200 SSD 960GB
Toshiba SSD Q300 960GB

I'm not listing prices because i don't know where you live. US prices do not apply in Europe, and viceversa, so check on the internet and/or locally.

You may know this series of articles: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-recommendation-benchmark,3269.html

The Samsung EVO is probably the best "budget" drive (there are PRO versions that are even more expensive), with other brands you trade off some performance for a cheaper price point. Each drive has its strengths and weaknesses (some read better than they write, some work better with small files than large ones, etc.), but for a secondary drive as you intend, and compared to an HDD, all are pretty great.

Thanks for the reply

I will try that program this evening.

It may be that the case has a bad HDD bay, its not the best quality but the rest of the case is fine (Obsidian 750D), I moved the bay to below the disc drive for now so the bay is screwed in below as before it was at the bottom of the case covering on of the bottom intake fan grills so it had direct contact with the cast pretty much.

The HDD seems to be vibrating a lot and sometimes transferring it to the case which is never good, I've set it to turn off after a few minutes so it isn't needlessly on when I do not need it as I use the SSD the most.

I have no idea why it is vibrating so much..