Question Replacing Win10 with Win8.1

May 16, 2022
Hello! I recently updated my wife's computer to Windows 10 and it messed up all her games so I decided to just revert her computer back to Windows 8.1 since that is what she had before and it was working just fine.

I have downloaded the file from the Microsoft website and I saved it onto the SSD but I cannot figure out how to uninstall Windows 10 and reinstall 8.1 since when I try to do it from the file after mounting it it says that a problem occurred and closes it all.

I guess my question is.. can I delete Windows 10 from the computer through disk management and then boot Windows 8.1 from the SSD?

Thank you!

USAFRet

Titan
There is no "uninstall", nor can you delete a Windows instance while in that same Windows instance.

What you do is boot from your Win 8.1 thing, and DELETE all existing partitions during the install process.

However...in what way were these games "messed up"?
How did you do the Update to Win 10?

Is just reinstalling the games in this Windows 10 an option?

May 16, 2022
There is no "uninstall", nor can you delete a Windows instance while in that same Windows instance.

What you do is boot from your Win 8.1 thing, and DELETE all existing partitions during the install process.

However...in what way were these games "messed up"?
How did you do the Update to Win 10?

Is just reinstalling the games in this Windows 10 an option?

So every single game that I load up doesn't get more than about 3 FPS no matter what the graphics level is at. The hardware is more than enough to handle these games and the only solution I can find after looking for anything about it over the past few days is that upgrading her to Windows 10 is hindering the games since they were working perfectly fine with 8.

I upgraded it by downloading the win10 file off the website and running the exe. I've reinstalled windows several times now, reinstalled the games, messed with every graphics thing I could, I am sort of at a last straw kind of thing here with just reverting this computer back to it. I am not sure what else I can do.

USAFRet

Titan
I upgraded it by downloading the win10 file off the website and running the exe.
What website?
What exe?

Here is how you do it:

May 16, 2022
What website?
What exe?

Here is how you do it:

Sorry, I got it from the Microsoft website and downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file, right click explored it and used the exe file from that since I was having trouble getting Windows 10 to complete the install process and found a post online from someone who figured out how to do it that way and it worked.

Thank you for the link by the way.