(REPLY ASAP) CPU Fan Error press F1 to go in to setup computer shuts off

Dark__Starzz

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015
Hi so I was playing minecraft with some friends nothing to intensive and after about 15 minutes of playing my computer shuts off like the power cable has been pulled. I thought "Ok then ill just turn it back on nothing to bad" and i turned it back on and it says "CPU FAN ERROR PRESS F1 TO GO IN TO SETUP" So i did and then it shuts off. So i turned it back on again and it shut off before it even says that. SO i waited over night maybe the CPU was hot. So then i turned it on again and i got the same message. Ive replaced the fan. Ive checked if everything is seated properly and checked all the cables. I dont know what is going on. Id like a reply ASAP

EDIT: Also the fan is working properly like it should. Its water cooled but the fan works completely fine

Specs:
Motherboard: Sabertooth R2.0
CPU: AMD FX8350 (NON OVERCLOCKED)
GPU: R9 280x
RAM: 16 Gigs
PSU: 1000w

Watercooled and overheating while fans run fine would suggest to me that the pump has failed. I'd look into RMA for the cooler if under warranty, replace if not. The more you attempt to use the non functional cooler, the more stress that'll be put on the CPU leading to an early demise of the CPU

Dark__Starzz

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015

We replaced the water cooler with another fan and still the same response