Report: AMD Says Intel is in Breach

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

takealready

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2008
One thing we all can agree on is that, We all want an advancement in technology. But the way Intel has a choke hold on the license, is the biggest problem. This isn't a real fanboy war that's going on. It's a war of advancement. When your at the top of the food chain you dictate all those below you. You hold all the cards, just look at the way we still haven't found a way for hard drives to catch up to the speed of a processor.

Most of us who have a SATA-II HD can test it's speed and see it only yields 65mb/sec-100mb/sec (my 7200.10 250 GB 16MB cache hard drive is 78 MB/s maximum sustained data transfer rate). But yet the bandwidth on my 3800 + X2 (It's overclocked to 2.6 GHZ) is 14.4 GB (stock). Solid state drives seem to be a major leap forward (especially the 6Gbps ones that are on the way). If it's just between Intel and AMD, we won't have much of a choice in the way of advancement.

Just imagine if you will processors from VIA, Nvidia, Intel, AMD and maybe Linux. If there is competition/innovation between a wide selection of processors that will only lead to our computer systems (either it be a PDA or a Netbook) that much more esteemed.

I want the company that represents an opportunity in advancement to win (if it goes to litigation). The company that represents greed (we see where greed has gotten us in this global economy), repressive thinking and fraudulent actions to be the company that suffers.

In closing I'd like to say we don't know all the details about the licensing agreement. But if the agreement between the parties involved was a honest and open agreement, I don't understand why there would be back-and-forth threats about exposing "one another".

salem80

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
[citation][nom]deltatux[/nom]If Intel pulls AMD the license from being allowed to produce x86 processors. There goes the whole Nehalem architecture and most of the Core 2 line of processors since they require AMD licenses to operate.It's going to spell disaster for both companies and throw back years of innovation. It is definitely not a wise choice especially with the current economic environment.[/citation]
That mean Intel will back to Old Pentium4 Article ..

Status
Not open for further replies.