Report: Apple Chief Had Liver Transplant

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
[citation][nom]thirdshop[/nom]Wow, a liver transplant within four months...average wait time for a liver is one year, little longer for the California (lots of bad livers in Cali). Amazing how he was able to get a liver in Tennessee ahead of who knows how many people. Maybe some apple fanboy sacrificed themselves for their messiah?[/citation]

Amazing huh? I had a net buddy who was on this list for a long time. I hadn't communicated him with in a while and I when attempted to contact him I found out that he had never received a donor and didn't make it. He was younger than Jobs and on the list for longer.

My money is on a donor liver excised from a prisoner in china.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4921116.stm

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
For the morons who think he was given favored treatment, you need to look at the facts. People...even the high-profile folks...cannot buy an organ. Jobs had someone do an extensive search of all of the medical facilities and found the one with the shortest waiting list. He also was considered a high-priority because of the severity of his illness. Finally, he was able to get to the hospital within 8 hours of being notified that a liver was available. He has the money to charter a flight...most of those who need livers do not and so they are passed up. Money still talks in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.