Report: Apple to Start Selling Unlocked iPhone 5 Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
i dont really think these unlocked phones would sell much at all like previous gens. if people here remember a year ago, everyone and heir mothers had an iphone. today I was in college wondering about this, I look around me and I see everyone and their mothers have galaxy S3s. its rare to see an iphone 5 in my area. a more expensive off contract phone wouldnt really help sales in my area.

heffeque

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2002
[citation][nom]xpeh[/nom]I'd rather spend that much cash on a Galaxy Note II[/citation]
I'd rather spend that much cash on a Galaxy Tab.

yorgos

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
[citation][nom]heffeque[/nom]I'd rather spend that much cash on a Galaxy Tab.[/citation]
I'd rather get a dual GPU or 2 single GPU cards with that much money and get a simple phone to make calls with the change.

ivanto

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]i dont really think these unlocked phones would sell much at all like previous gens. if people here remember a year ago, everyone and heir mothers had an iphone. today I was in college wondering about this, I look around me and I see everyone and their mothers have galaxy S3s. its rare to see an iphone 5 in my area. a more expensive off contract phone wouldnt really help sales in my area.[/citation]

I know dozens of people with iPhone 5 and 3 with Galaxy 3. One of them got it because Blackberry died 2 month before iPhone 5 release and he could not work without a phone for that long.

Wondering how many iPhone 5's were sold this quarter, likely between 40-50 million devices.
-IvanTO

G

damn these "phones" are mighty expensive. That's like a couple of car payments or rent for a month

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]jrm78[/nom]damn these "phones" are mighty expensive. That's like a couple of car payments or rent for a month[/citation]
No doubt they don't cost that much to make, if the Nexus 4 is any indication. (even though Google might be subsidizing it a bit)

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]jrm78[/nom]damn these "phones" are mighty expensive. That's like a couple of car payments or rent for a month[/citation]
No doubt they don't cost that much to make, if the Nexus 4 is any indication. (even though Google might be subsidizing it a bit)

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Far too expensive for me. Not when I can get the S2 from Boost for $369 with no contract, as well as the cheapest unlimited everything plan I know of.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]shikamaru31789[/nom]Far too expensive for me. Not when I can get the S2 from Boost for $369 with no contract, as well as the cheapest unlimited everything plan I know of.[/citation]
virgin mobile has galaxy s2 at 300 with the cheapest data plan ive seen.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
My prepaid phone is $20 for 200 minutes, it makes calls & can text, OH & it plays Battle Reversi.

I don't understand WHY anyone would spend hundreds of dollars on a device to make & receive phone calls.

G

Is this only the AT&T model? I want to buy a Verizon model for EU 4G support, when will they be selling that one at the apple stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.