Report: Asus to Ship T91 Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just gonna guess. But since similar netbooks go for around $300, this sucker will probably go for $400 simply because the screen swivels. But who cares? You have to sit directly in front of the keyboard to use it effectively anyhow, and as small as it is why can't you turn the whole thing around to show the screen to someone else?

tipmen

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
A nice $300 or sub $300 price tag would be good however that won't happen too many fools with too much money.

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
I bet it goes for around $550...give or take $50. It isn't your typical netbook with features like the rotating touchscreen LCD. This to me is a netbook that is near perfection...if only it had NVidia's Ion inside, it would attain that status.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]I'm just gonna guess. But since similar netbooks go for around $300, this sucker will probably go for $400 simply because the screen swivels. But who cares? You have to sit directly in front of the keyboard to use it effectively anyhow, and as small as it is why can't you turn the whole thing around to show the screen to someone else?[/citation]

I guess you are confused as to what a "tablet" is. The point of the swiveling screen is that you swivel it all the way around, lay it flat against the keyboard, and write directly on the screen. There are many things that can be useful to write on the screen and if this came at the right price point it would sell very very well. Editing documents on the go, signing forms and emailing them that might otherwise have to be faxed, etc. A lot of potential in a device like this if they can keep the price under $500.

doeboy

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
I think it could sell very well also. This would be great for people out in the field since it has the tablet features in it.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
A) Battery User Replaceable?
B) Battery Life?
C) XP Tablet Edition?
D) PRICE!!!???!!!

If its price is over 500... I simply can't justify it. But I would love to move to this from my TX2500Z...

G

Don't forget it's equipped with the lower priced 1,3Ghz Atom, instead of the N270.
It'll have to compete with Gygabite's swivel screen laptop too.

dpmobile

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
For those of you questioning the reasoning behind the price...just think of what this device could potentially substitute: GPS device, "convenient" portable media player (movies, music, etc.), pda/phone, and the list can go on depending on how techy you are. Above all, remember all of those times you "wish" you had access to your computer and what that cost you at the time? Factor that in too, since you can probably tag this T91 along with you just about everywhere. Seriously, think about that and the time you could save...especially if "time is money" applies to you.

G

I think that everyone who has so far given a price estimate is going to be disappointed. The UK price has already been set at around 445 pounds, which is about $730 USD. I imagine it's going to be somewhere around this price.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/06/16/asus-t91-tablet-netbook-to-hit-us-retailers-soon/

Judging from UK price, the launch price for this thing will be around $680 to $720.

Status
Not open for further replies.