Report: Duke Nukem Developer Shuts Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GOD DAMM IT! NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
lol dnf will never ever be finished, but at least you guys will always have that faint glimmer of hope that someday you will be able to buy it. I think it is an unlucky game - lets hope the company who buys the rights to it doesn't fail halfway through coding it too.

G

I don't care what anyone says. Duke Nukem' will always be Forever, if it finishes or not is not the issue. Hail to the kings, baby.

lipoly

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
This news makes me about as sick to my stomach as when I heard Sierra has basically no more; sad, sad day in my book. As long as ID and Epic keeps on trucking though I will survive...

coolronz

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2008
what????? the heck!!!! arghhhh... lol why doesnt someone just make a crysis mod or sumtin? lol 3D had been around for how long now? yet Duke never really officially made it to 3D.... thats kinda funny really.. rofl

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I certainly hope they can continue development, but I almost don't want them to finish. I doubt it's going to live up to the +10 year development time (I guess that causes some stress for the developers), and it's become more interesting as a concept, and an idea, than a product.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
[citation][nom]coolronz[/nom]what????? the heck!!!! arghhhh... lol why doesnt someone just make a crysis mod or sumtin? lol 3D had been around for how long now? yet Duke never really officially made it to 3D.... thats kinda funny really.. rofl[/citation]

Well there were 2 3rd person games released on the consoles a while back (Duke Nukem Time to Kill and Planet of the Babes)
there was also Duke Nukem Manhattan project 3d/side scroller.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
A statement was released on behalf of Deep Silver and Apogee Software, the two companies working on Duke Nukem portable titles. "Deep Silver and Apogee Software are not affected by the situation at 3D Realms," the statement reads. "Development on the Duke Nukem Trilogy is continuing as planned." Late last year Apogee Software was launched as a sister arm to 3D Realms.

Gamasutra is reporting that it received confirmation that 3D Realms will close by week's end.

[citation][nom]curnel_d[/nom]A statement was released on behalf of Deep Silver and Apogee Software, the two companies working on Duke Nukem portable titles. "Deep Silver and Apogee Software are not affected by the situation at 3D Realms," the statement reads. "Development on the Duke Nukem Trilogy is continuing as planned." Late last year Apogee Software was launched as a sister arm to 3D Realms. Gamasutra is reporting that it received confirmation that 3D Realms will close by week's end.[/citation]

I hope it does continue, and with its traditions :'(

I sure as hell hope EA doesnt snap it up and f***k it up like they do with everything they touch

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Hmmmph,and I had my Duke Nukem Extreme "T" shirt already,I think I've had that for what 10years?? now,and it is still going strong unlike DN..
??Question did they hire a bunch of monkeys to write the game ??
All in all look how many games have come out since,after all it is not "rocket science"...:)

1raflo

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
DNF was announced in 1997
Since then, we’ve only seen sporadic releases of screenshots that went from PSone-like graphics , to most recently ( i guess last november?) nice HD pics.

The title is synonymous with delays.At this point, it’ll be a massive surprise if it even sees the light of day within our lifetimes. DNF will actually disappoint us if it does come out. Why?? because a 12-year delay has built up expectations for the game to impossible levels

Status
Not open for further replies.