Report: Final AMD Radeon HD 7990 Specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

It should be able to produce more fps but whether that will translate to smooth gameplay is another matter altogether.

freezed1

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
first off the guy in the picture looks like a D@()che I3ag...secondly this angers me that AMD waited so long to do what Asus did 6 months ago. I understand that AMD is at a point where they are massively at innovation anything new, now they have ppl who want to show off an already obsolete piece of hardware.....Shame on Nvidia andAMD at this point...Since Nvidia can innovate but charges arm and a leg (GTX titan)...and AMD for not even keeping competitive.....sad...very sad..

Considering that Titan is slower than two HD7970s in CFX and cost as much as 3 HD7970s, it will be.

If AMD keeps working on the latencies in their drivers, hopefully. They have made great progress but haven't even done a beta driver since 3/19 which worries me.

Another weird tid bit here, the Pixel fill rate and the Texture fill rate are wrong for the HD7970 GHz editrion. The GHz Edition does 32 GPixels/s and 128GTexels/s. My Vapor-X does 33.6GPixels/s and 134.4GTexels/s so it makes me want to not truly trust the source.

pologoalie8908

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2013
typo in the first sentence: "ChinaDIY has exposed the final specifications of AMD's upcoming Malta HD 7790 graphics card." .....thought this was the 7990?

The latency fixes are not what worries people. It is the lack of frame metering in crossfire which makes their multiple-GPU setups stuttery unless you use a FPS limiter of some sort.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
I could have swore that pre-launch AMD stated that the MSRP was going to be around $750 - ~$800. Things may have changed, but I hope not.

lhowe005

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
So the 5870 MSRP was around $380 and i bought a 5970 for 600 bucks, less than double. A good deal i thought. A 7970 can be had for 400 dollars, and this card is a $1000 bucks, way more than double. Not a good deal.

G

$1,000? I thought the whole concept of using a smaller die process, 28 nm in this case, was to REDUCE costs which would translate to the customer. It seems the only one benefiting from these reduced production costs is the companies that make the GPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.