Report: Foxconn-made Apple Tablet to Ship Q1 '10

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

will probably be what apple is known for overpriced underpowered pieces of crap.

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]There laptops are overpriced - no one can argue that. But they are really beautiful machines that have good components inside[/citation]

I see the negative votes on this opinion. Boy you window-heads are a nervous insecure bunch. Don't forget to hit this post with negatives votes also.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]There laptops are overpriced - no one can argue that. But they are really beautiful machines that have good components inside[/citation]
yeah all those nvidia 9400's that they recalled sure would good components. Not saying that there werent alot of windows based affected also, just saying its the same crap in all of them

G

i don't care if it's over priced or crappy h/w as long as it has apple logo on it!!!!

shoota

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
snow leopard runs pretty darn well on Atoms. Us netbook os x users have known that for a while now. SL just needs lots of ram. If they can get decent battery life out of this i will be pleasantly surprised. do we know the specs on this yet anyways?

coonday

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009

I just want to know one thing. When you wrote that comment, did you honestly think it wasn't going to get voted down?

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]shoota[/nom] SL just needs lots of ram.[/citation]

Poor Apple guy...that's how it all starts. It only runs good with this or that means that Apple's slogan of "It just works." is starting to crumble. Is there any real benfit to owning an Apple anymore?

Let's look at selling points for Macs.

Safe from viruses: Not at all. They still require AV software and firewall protection just like PCs. Didn't SL even come with a spyware scanner? That should let you know that even Apple knows this a problem.

They just work: So does Any manufactued PC bought off the shelf. Bring it home turn it on and plug it in. Does it work? Yes. Case closed. PCs just work too.

They do not require a lot of updates: Even the iPhone requires a lot of updates. While the update process is much smoother for the Mac, it happens just as ofter as a PC. It is just better hidden from sight.

They are more secure: This is an appauling marketing tactic. Is a Mac more secure than time? Because that is all that it takes to compromise any system. Ask the any government. Even Apple knows this and have recently settled a lawsuit because someone had their identity stolen while using a Mac.

They come with lots of software already: Name one piece of software that Macs have that a windows user doesn't have available that is equivalent for free.

They look nice. That is true. They do look nice. And I cannot argue with that. Think I will go buy a second one now. Bah, who am I kidding, I have a hackintosh on a Dell D830.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Sure allot of Mac haters on this site, jealousy maybe? Macs overpriced, not really. Price a Sony laptop or IBM/Lennovo Thinkpad to name a few. Price the Dell Air copy, use to be more than the Air might still be. I love how Apple haters talk out their ass.

timberwolf1128

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009

By good components do you mean last generation pc parts at twice the price?

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]alvine[/nom]i wonder how the battery life will be if the device is just a big screen[/citation]

4 hours. The entire back of the tablet will be one giant, super-thin, non-replaceable battery. It will be hailed as a revolutionary design element, and more people will donate body pieces to keep Jobs running for another year.

Hot off the press.

gamerjames

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]Sure allot of Mac haters on this site, jealousy maybe? Macs overpriced, not really. Price a Sony laptop or IBM/Lennovo Thinkpad to name a few. Price the Dell Air copy, use to be more than the Air might still be. I love how Apple haters talk out their ass.[/citation]

You act like we couldn't get our hands on a Mac if we wanted one. What is there to be jealous of if we too could buy an iMac? Typically, people on these boards have good systems, and they can build them themselves and make them cheaper + more powerful than a Mac.

It isn't jealousy on our part, it's stupidity on yours.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
This article doesn't say much other than a new unconfirmed rumor contradicts older unconfirmed rumor.

People's posts don't say much other than why they love or hate Apple Computer, Inc.

G

How many people did foxconn 'jack bauer' to make sure nothing got lost?

Status
Not open for further replies.