Report: Google Drive to Launch Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelwing

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Will this have encryption? A server can be hacked, or information can be given to authorities demanding it. Though I have nothing illegal to hide, I don't want my private info being looked at by others.

I currently use SpiderOak which uses "zero-knowledge" data encryption. If Google Drive uses something like that I'll certainly look into it.

1GB doesn't sound like much, but you can't complain if it's free. I WOULD like to be able to use the space from my Gmail account as extra storage space for the drive. I have roughly 7.6GB that I am not using.

[citation][nom]that man[/nom]First week of April? How about April 1st?[/citation]Why isn't anyone talking about Google's long history of April Fool's Day Hoaxes? My guess is they'll launch with 1TB free space and a free wireless internet with video streaming service along with a press release stating it's actually a joke.

[citation][nom]seels[/nom]Anything Google does, Apple does better. I don't know why these companies bother, they should just give up. Apple is #1, and always will be.[/citation]Name 1 Apple product that I'd have a reason to own? The only reason I don't own any Apple products is because I have yet to find one worth buying.

arlandi

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
if it's real, then i hope they offer more than 1GB. That is too small to compete. even with my free account in dropbox, i have 4.5GB...

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Like others have said, 1GB isn't worth the effort. There are already other free services offering more. So, either this is a dropped ball on Google's part, or the rumors aren't accurate.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Please bring more save features such as:
translate - i am living in Peru but speak spanish poorly so I make shopping lists. Would love to be able to save them without cutting and pasting into word processor. this way they are associated with the program I use to make them, available on any device.
maps - it's save features leave much to be desired
allow opening the document to launch the associated web app
please get Google+ Picasa integration worked out it is a mess right now.
how will the storage I have already purchased be affected by this?

Status
Not open for further replies.