News Report: Graphics Card Prices in Germany and Austria Increase in September

"... we can only hope that the situation improves in the near future and everyone gets their desired hardware at regular prices. "

We'll see what happens in 2022; sadly, 2021 is pretty much set for high prices through year's end. Nvidia loves that everyone is having to accept higher prices now as the "norm", and they are in no hurry to lower the prices (and their profits).

If crypto-mining continues to allow for conversion to actual currency and mining continues to be done more on GPUs vs ASICs, then GPUs prices will always be high. If Ethereum actually changes at year's end (which, despite the oft-repeated promise of the model change, they usually never do), then maybe you will see a bit more supply.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Nvidia loves that everyone is having to accept higher prices now as the "norm", and they are in no hurry to lower the prices (and their profits).
While on the other hand, the undisputed peoples' champion, AMD is completely distraught and guilt laden over the record revenue and profits it is pulling in and is planning to donate all the extra money to animal and homeless shelters in the local communities.

Reactions: Why_Me
While on the other hand, the undisputed peoples' champion, AMD is completely distraught and guilt laden over the record revenue and profits it is pulling in and is planning to donate all the extra money to animal and homeless shelters in the local communities.

:) Too true!

However, not that this was orginally a dig at Nvidia, but I think AMD focused more of their purchased wafer capacity at TSMC on their CPUs. I think they simply have produced less GPUs, and those few seem to be eaten up by miners. If anything, I would think AMD would be shifting a bit more now to the custom chips made for the PS5/XSX. I'm sure Sony, Microsoft, and especially publishers want more consoles on the market, especially with the consumer holidays fast approaching.