Report: GTX Titan II Coming in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Attention Nvidia, please some building new ultra-expensive non-gamer oriented cards. You are going to sell 1/10th as many as before because your price gouging is insane.

Forget all this crap and pressure TSMC for the 20nm chips so we can have our GTX 8 series at a reasonable price.
Thank you.

gsxrme

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Ya price will be the kicker. We will see if nvidia and amd is done trying to rape us. I'm still using sli 680s because of retarded pricing.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
Attention Nvidia, please some building new ultra-expensive non-gamer oriented cards. You are going to sell 1/10th as many as before because your price gouging is insane.

Forget all this crap and pressure TSMC for the 20nm chips so we can have our GTX 8 series at a reasonable price.
Thank you.

exactly, these arent meant for gamers, though you can game on these cards.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
exactly, these arent meant for gamers, though you can game on these cards.
Have you seen the Titan videos?
I only see gaming being advertised.

That's because there is no need to advertise to pros, as those people recognize they are getting either 2x perf for the same price with titans, or they're getting the same perf at half cost. Either way the pros get it. Thus leaving the only people to advertise to being gamers. Get it?

hardcore_player

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
Titans are meant for pros , they need the cuda cores in computing ,the faster and more cores the better , its all about horse power , and horse power is where the titans belong.
remember the days of the GTX 580 .

gear999

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014
Ok. What I think Nvidia should do is to rebrand all Titans into Tesla or Quadro workstation cards, keep them out of the gaming market, and return to how their card linups usually were. I'd love to see this:
GTX 850 (and Ti version of course)
GTX 860
GTX 860 Ti
GTX 870
GTX 880
And GTX 890.

You see, I want the overpriced (for gaming) Titan crap to be gone and instead for them to be replaced with x60 Ti or x90 cards, like how Nvidia did it with the 500 and 600 series.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

Well they're making 1/5 what they used to make in 2007 so they have to do whatever they can to get profits. If it wasn't for intel's gift yearly due the the lawsuit they'd be making almost nothing. AMD just lost another 40mil and stock off 85c now in after hours (20%!). Q3 outlook weak. Not good. We need them both to start making some REAL money.

hannibal

Distinguished

So true... If they can not make profit, the only GPU maker left will be Intel... That would be somewhat horrible...

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

AMD's doing terrible, and NV's payment runs out 2015. So going forward we need them to figure a way to make more money on both sides. Or you just might be right at some point...ROFL. I can't believe I just said that. I think NV survives though as tegra K1 kicks in and denver at xmas. They will start eating some desktops with that, androidL (64bit) and start shipping FULL fledged desktops with NV cards surely at some point. Hopefully with a triboot of linux and steamos so you have a wide variety of stuff to use that has ZERO WINTEL in it. Not sure how AMD gets saved with Intel and ARM racing to each other and accidentally killing the only place AMD lives (low end). The cpu war is going to crush them in the middle. GPU's barely made money last Q in a mining craze, consoles off 50% last Q and dropping monthly with MS admitting supply easily outstripping demand (reverse of good news, you want demand outstripping supply). Still reading through the AMD data, but it's not looking good. I hope NV has some better news shortly as their Q report hits. No time to listen to the conference call right now, will try to pick it up later, just sifting the data for now. But they can't be saying good stuff, off 83c after hours now it's getting worse. 18.15% stock drop in about 2hrs.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
"Computing Solutions segment revenue decreased 20 percent year-over-year. The year-over-year decline was due to decreased microprocessor unit shipments."

The crushing of cpu due to the ARM-Intel war at the low end I mentioned.

Looks like fees (fines?) to GF went up 80mil this Q (probably due to take or pay WSA, not meeting chips shipped), and inventory up 100mil from last Q. I think a hit is coming due to both at some point in the future Q's (GF will probably want their 295mil dec31 again or whatever it is by then, seems growing). Gross Margins down 5% from a year ago (35% now), they need to start selling for higher prices or keep losing money.

Sorry people cheap pricing needs to STOP from AMD AND NV.
http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=MW&date=20140717&id=17785625

youcanDUit

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
i was wondering if there is a way to scale a mobile gpu to desktop. like a way of knowing what the desktop gpu's would be capable of comparing and scaling it from mobile using previous gen's as a medium.

Serpent of Heaven

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Assuming that GPU Clock Frequencies are the same between Titan_New and Black, a 40% to 50% increase would equate to a range between 3456 Cuda Cores to 4320 Cuda Cores count. Average count is 3880 Cuda Cores. I think it's going to be somewhere near this 3880 Cuda Core count. That's 1000 Cuda Cores more than current "Flavor of the Month" Nvidia products.

@ somebodyspecial,

First generation of GTX Titan was 1.8x it's Core Count of it's cousin, the GTX 680. Second Generation GTX Titan, or Titan Black only had a higher frame buffer and 64 bit floating point precision from GTX 780 Ti aka GTX 780 "Titan". GTX Titan-Z is 2 GTX Titan Blacks on a single PCB for 3x the price with a tigher frame-time variance between GPU 0 and 1. GTX Titan had nothing more to offer that justified it 3x price tag, and NVidia needed to get "a" dual-GPU premium of it's own because AMD didn't drop the ball with the R9-295x. NVidia Consumers, their mouths almost literally dropped when they read the release of R9-295x for the first day. If you paid for a Titan-Z, you're really just paying more money with the same features as a 2x SLI GTX Titan Black.... At best, GTX Titan is overkill-premium gaming hardware with some DP action for rendering, folding, etc... If I were to pay $3,000 or more, I'd prefer getting a W9100 just for the 16 GB Frame-buffer for actual content creation and rendering. Anybody who owns a GTX Titan-Z, it's just for bragging rights, but that doesn't last long. In addition, it doesn't say much about the owner...

@ Hardcore_gamer,

GTX Titans are for stupid people with fat wallets. GTX Titan Z would have been an ideal card if it were an actual Workstation card. It had the workstation graphic card price tag. Sell it for $2,000 more with the rest of the goodies, and its sells would probably go up. It's 1/4 DP the GFLOPs x2, at 800 Mhz per gpu, it would put the Tesla K40 to shame as an accelerator, but the K40 would still rocks that 12 GB Frame-buffer.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

Titan black had 2x frame buffer (6GB) of 780ti AND 1882 DP vs. 780ti's 223. Both things well worth it for cheap workstation graphics.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-titan-black-ghz-edition,3821.html
These cards aren't for folding...LOL. Now that's something for fools who just want high electric bills IMHO :) as you gain NOTHING from it but a bill. They are for DP on the cheap vs. Tesla or quadro. You don't seem to understand their target market (to whom they sell pretty much every one they can make, only a few go to gamers). Same can be said about all titans including the Z. Check the pricing of the Tesla/Quadro models and you'll understand you get 2x perf at same price, or same perf at 1/2 price. Only major thing missing is driver support. IF you're willing to do with out that they are a steal. They are for Cuda content creation etc on the cheap and decent as a gamer card on top (not the reverse).
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-titan-black-ghz-edition,3821.html
You can compare specs for titan black and 780ti right here at toms.

Folding@home is for "stupid people with fat wallets". If they gave you a tax write-off or paid your electric bill maybe there would be a point to it otherwise I'm not interested in donating money (computer time+the bill for it) for them to come up with the next pill they'll overcharge me for anyway. I'll save that cash for the actual pills etc if they ever come. Titan is a great buy each time they come out for CUDA/DP users vs. the pro cards. If you're buying them as a pure gaming device, there are much better buys. BTW, they have no trouble selling these which is why they are priced where they are. The target market understands how cheap they are compared to their workstation equivalents.

Status
Not open for further replies.