Report: Intel, Nvidia Could Be Buying Chinese Chip Makers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttg_Avenged

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
Honestly, not good. I love Intel and Nvidia as much as the next guy (I have a frickin' GTX 680) but we truly do need competition. AMD is slacking, and this would put Green & Blue team even more ahead. We need competition or prices will soar.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
[citation][nom]holyknight1121[/nom]LOL, CPU or GPU breaks down and you look at it. It says, "Made in China".[/citation]
So? A lot of electronic goods are made in China today. It is more about the quality control that a company exercises rather than where the part itself is built.

booyaah

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Before I clicked on this article and saw 'reported' in the title, I chuckled to myself and thought, I bet this article will start off with the words 'According to Digitimes'.

Sure enough I was not disappointed.

/sarcasm

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]holyknight1121[/nom]LOL, CPU or GPU breaks down and you look at it. It says, "Made in China".[/citation]

CPUs are mostly made in Malaysia
GPUs are mostly made in Taiwan
Motherboards are mostly made in China

All the above stated countries have a large chinese population ;) just saying

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]rohitbaran[/nom]So? A lot of electronic goods are made in China today. It is more about the quality control that a company exercises rather than where the part itself is built.[/citation]

Yeah, I don't think Nividia or Intel would want sub-par silicons on the market under their brand for obvious reasons.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]CPUs are mostly made in MalaysiaGPUs are mostly made in TaiwanMotherboards are mostly made in ChinaAll the above stated countries have a large chinese population just saying[/citation]
Interesting... but I really wouldn't tell the Malaysians and Taiwanese that, unless you meant a large proportion of inhabitants of said nations were Chinese, of course.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]silverblue[/nom]Interesting... but I really wouldn't tell the Malaysians and Taiwanese that, unless you meant a large proportion of inhabitants of said nations were Chinese, of course.[/citation]

Taiwan is ( unofficially ) the Republic of China, Whilst Malaysia is home to the largest chinese community outside of China, covering 30-40% of the countries population

Status
Not open for further replies.