Report: Intel to Launch Two New Dual-Core Haswell CPUs in Q3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Friesen

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
"Though the Celeron 2955U SoC is clocked at 1.4 GHz (the same frequency as the fastest mobile Celeron SKU on the market), the Celeron 1047U should offer 10 percent better performance due to improvements in Haswell’s microarchitecture."

You mean the 2955?

Estix

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
"The Core i5-4200H supports Hyper-Threading and Turbo Boost and should provide 12 percent better performance than the upcoming i5-4200H CPU."

...What am I missing here?

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Need K i3 please, the problem with i3 in previous platform is, it isnt worth going i3 because I5 just do everything better, an i5 on dual core on turbo is still faster than i3. Unlike core 2 era, wheres the dual cores are significantly higher clock. i3 need to be clock @ 3.8-4Ghz @ 65w default TDP.

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010

Even so, I doesn't make sense.

So ... the i5 for laptops are i3 with Turbo Boost. Whoop-de-doo.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I would love to see a Celeron K series to bad intel doesn't have enough common sense to see that something like that for ultra budget users would really pay off for them in that segment.

InvalidError

Titan

Every CPU and GPU manufacturer is doing this very same misleading marketing crap. AMD's mobile APU/GPUs are one spec step below their desktop counterparts for the same general model number range, Intel's mobile CPUs are one step below their desktop counterparts for similar model numbers, Nvidia's mobile GPUs too.

Bringing unnecessary confusion to the market by reusing higher-end desktop model number for lower performance mobile parts is a standard practice. Gotta love how model numbers represent the "relative value of parts within a given market segment" rather than the relative performance across all same-generation/architecture products.

Status
Not open for further replies.