Report: iPhone 5, iPad Mini Possible Debut on September 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Looking forward to a few laughs when iCrap comes out with its formorons junk.[/citation]

im an android fanboy and I don't think anyone can argue with me saying that the iphone 5 is going to be a badass phone. Company names, OS, and price aside, I can't wait to see the design up against the iphone 4(which also looked sexy) and the top android smartphones in the industry.

Disliking a company is one thing, but going out of your way to talk shit about it and its products seems a tad immature to me. Why don't you just create something better?

phate

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
"Apple is seemingly already trying to reduce the current volume of iPhone 4 smartphones by offering rock-bottom prices,"

LOL, according to their earnings call, iPhone margins are between 42% and 58%. So these "rock-bottom" prices probably give Apple only 30% margins. Oh what a sacrifice.

bbr1

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Wow it took almost 5 minutes before the first android troll comes with a totally irrelevant comment, and "iCrap" come on... Yawn!

G

Wow, rough day to be an Android fan!

I can just see it now - Apple announces this, one of the eleven morons that got scammed into buying a (stolen / copied) Scamsung phone rages hard, cries a for a little bit, then recruits the other ten idiots that bought Scamsung phones (who are red in the face and in tears) to troll Apple online.

Meanwhile, no one is listening or cares, because educated consumers wisely chose to buy the new, far superior iPhone and are too busy browsing the incredible selection of apps in the app store, a luxury that jealous android kids don't have. There are no apps for android, since android users just pirate everything, so you are forced to root your device and install half-functional apps by amateurs.

This is the death knell for Android, just like the new Xbox will be for PC gaming. Mark my words.

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
Sheep prefer Apple. And nothing wrong with being a sheep

Just some of us like be the Shepard and hence prefer Android on HTC or Samsung

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
The iPhone 5 is pretty much the same as the iPhone 4s, except that it is now 16:9 just like android phones and slightly longer, no more not 4:3. They got rid of the glass backing that would shatter from a 1 foot drop. They changed the connector so all current apple devices and cables wont work. You cant use your own headphones, since there is no more 3mm jack. They will most likely upgrade the app launcher, sorry I mean os, and copy android. Last year it was the notification bar and lock screen, this year it might be live wallpapers, or who knows.

austinwillis81

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
[citation][nom]SCAMsung[/nom]Wow, rough day to be an Android fan!I can just see it now - Apple announces this, one of the eleven morons that got scammed into buying a (stolen / copied) Scamsung phone rages hard, cries a for a little bit, then recruits the other ten idiots that bought Scamsung phones (who are red in the face and in tears) to troll Apple online.Meanwhile, no one is listening or cares, because educated consumers wisely chose to buy the new, far superior iPhone and are too busy browsing the incredible selection of apps in the app store, a luxury that jealous android kids don't have. There are no apps for android, since android users just pirate everything, so you are forced to root your device and install half-functional apps by amateurs.This is the death knell for Android, just like the new Xbox will be for PC gaming. Mark my words.[/citation]

FYI the new xbox isn't going to kill pc gaming, as a matter of fact a lot of consololol players are switching to PC right now. And once you switch to PC there is no going back. And it doesn't matter that the new xbox will look better as the tech in it will be a generation of two behind PC.

aicom

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
[citation][nom]SCAMsung[/nom]Wow, rough day to be an Android fan!I can just see it now - Apple announces this, one of the eleven morons that got scammed into buying a (stolen / copied) Scamsung phone rages hard, cries a for a little bit, then recruits the other ten idiots that bought Scamsung phones (who are red in the face and in tears) to troll Apple online.Meanwhile, no one is listening or cares, because educated consumers wisely chose to buy the new, far superior iPhone and are too busy browsing the incredible selection of apps in the app store, a luxury that jealous android kids don't have. There are no apps for android, since android users just pirate everything, so you are forced to root your device and install half-functional apps by amateurs.This is the death knell for Android, just like the new Xbox will be for PC gaming. Mark my words.[/citation]

Best troll I've seen in a while.

G

[citation][nom]austinwillis81[/nom]FYI the new xbox isn't going to kill pc gaming, as a matter of fact a lot of consololol players are switching to PC right now. And once you switch to PC there is no going back. And it doesn't matter that the new xbox will look better as the tech in it will be a generation of two behind PC.[/citation]
It will likely take PCs two years to catch up to the tech in the new consoles, since they will be dedicated for gaming and much more powerful.

And most AAA devs are moving away from PC because of piracy. Much like android users, PC gamers overpay for hardware and then can't afford software, so they resort to piracy.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]ConSOULgamer1[/nom]It will likely take PCs two years to catch up to the tech in the new consoles, since they will be dedicated for gaming and much more powerful.And most AAA devs are moving away from PC because of piracy. Much like android users, PC gamers overpay for hardware and then can't afford software, so they resort to piracy.[/citation]

I know you are a troll, but you still make valid points. That being said, you place all PC gamers in the same category as pirates...whereas that is simply not true.

Yea the triple AAA devs are totally leaving, like valve, blizzard, bioware, THQ, id, and dice totally screwed us over on BF3...oh wait. Epic is making a comeback too. PC is alive and well my friend.

Don't let the bad apples spoil the bunch :)

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
The iPhone 5 should be cool, but wasn't Steve Jobs against a tablet under 10"? Anyway I'm sure it will sell well, especially if it's under $300.

I have my Nexus 7 and an old Droid X running a custom ICS ROM and I'm happy with those. I had two iPhones and a Macbook, I'm just not an apple guy.

ejb222

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
So its basically an iPhone4S but now 4"? And the same ol' iOS thats been around since the first iPhone? I hope Apple consumers really start to see what the heck they are buying into, if not, they surely are just forking over money for the same old thing. Thats why I moved on.

G

seems a tad immature to me. Why don't you just create something better?

Seems ironic to follow up a comment about immaturity with such an immature statement.

As consumers, our job is to consume and critique, not create.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Just some of us like be the Shepard and hence prefer Android on HTC or Samsung

I just want to have control of my devices, not the other way around. iCrap's inmates like to have Apple decide their destiny.

ejb222

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Mini iPad doesn't make sense. Wouldn't it make more sense to go 16x9 iPad? I know there aren't to many fans of Windows 8, but if the Surface is close to the iPad price, wouldn't that be the best buy? Isn't it really to be considered the first real laptop/tablet replacement?

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I was never much of an apple fan, but do you think that people in general are less and less interested in the upcoming apple products these days? I know I am, but I don't know if that outlook is shared by others (more importantly, others who were really into Apple stuff before).

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]amk09[/nom]im an android fanboy and I don't think anyone can argue with me saying that the iphone 5 is going to be a badass phone. Company names, OS, and price aside, I can't wait to see the design up against the iphone 4(which also looked sexy) and the top android smartphones in the industry. Disliking a company is one thing, but going out of your way to talk shit about it and its products seems a tad immature to me. Why don't you just create something better?[/citation]
While we only have rumors, the rumored features from the upcoming platform is pretty much nothing functionally different except a slightly different form-factor, and the integration of iWallet (which is nothing close to impressive since android phones have had NFC-enabled POS transaction capability for quite some time).

Unless Apple is being extra-secretive with what's packed into iOS6, the iphone5 doesn't even seem like an incremental upgrade minus a change in aspect ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.