Report: Next Gen GeForce and Radeon GPUs Delayed to Q4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazty

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Why the delay? Still, considering how almost no games push the existing range to their limits, I guess we can wait...

JJ1217

Honorable
Well, its not like the improvements for the GTX 700 and HD8k is going to be massive (Its really just an optimization), and the supposed 15-20% improvement could most likely easily be reached by overclocking either the 7950 or 7970. I don't think the GTX 700/8k series are all too important to be honest, they'll still most likely be overpriced upon release.

Sep 15, 2012
Well... If the 8970/GTX780 provides 80-100% More Performance than the current models then it's alright...

But if the rumors that they are only 30% Faster... then better forget about waiting and just grab current models or a Titan.

Or maybe they can bring back the good old days where top model GPUs launch at 350 Dollars...

tmk221

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
I don't buy it. HD 7970 debiuted on January 9th, 2012. So we won't see a new series for well over one and a half of a year?!. I call BS

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Seems to me they're planning to launch alongside the next-gen consoles. My guess would be that they're hoping to sell the cards by saying that they'll be able to play next-gen multiplatform titles on the highest settings. Afterall, next-gen consoles are expected to greatly push the graphical quality up for PC's as well, since the lowest bar (consoles) will be set higher. There aren't any titles right now that can really push the 7970 and 680 anyways, except for maybe Crysis 3, so PC gamers can afford to wait.

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
[citation][nom]battlecrymoderngearsolid[/nom]Or maybe they can bring back the good old days where top model GPUs launch at 350 Dollars...[/citation]

Why would they do that when people buy them for twice that?

Star72

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
[citation][nom]Ninjawithagun[/nom]Good news for me. That just means I can squeeze out some more life out of my three GTX680s! I was dreading the financial impact of having to buy three GTX780s or Titans or whatever the next generation nVidia cards are going to be called. I can now relax and enjoy my cards for another 8+ months...yes![/citation]

This has to be a troll. Most of us could not afford three 680s. Probably a decent portion of us would be happy to be able to afford one of them. I'm pretty sure your "three 680s" will keep you going for quite a while.

mazty

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
[citation][nom]tmk221[/nom]I don't buy it. HD 7970 debiuted on January 9th, 2012. So we won't see a new series for well over one and a half of a year?!. I call BS[/citation]
You have to appreciate that with the scales they are now working with, the refresh cycles will become longer and longer. It's inevitable.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
If semiaccurate is to be believed, the delay on AMD side is to give time for current GPU stock to be cleared, rather than a technological issue. Don't know about nVidia.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I wonder if they're trying to push things back to coincide with the next gen consoles being released around the holidays. Perhaps capitalizing on the releases to push PC gamers to upgrade. Or maybe they're just trying to suck up more profit margins on some already kick ass lines from both AMD/Nvidia which really just destroy any game out right now.

I doubt the titan will comeout to be much seems to me like vapourware
Was hoping to grab a 8870 soon but guess waiting for black friday is good too :)
Had been hoping for new gen to drive current gen prices down to grab a card for secondaty system

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]damn, i was looking forward to a 8770 or a 8870 so i could see if my witcher 2 problem is gpu based or nothorrific mouse lag kills that game for me.[/citation]

@ Alidan, I was only able to get that game to run smoothly with "ubersampling" enabled @ 1080p when I added a 2nd 680 in SLI. I was never able to get it to run smoothly with the same settings on the two 7970s (not GHz edition) I used to have, though I sold them long before the latest "mega performance enhancing" Catalysts were out. But it does run smoothly now. (3770k [not oc'd] on a Z77 as well with 16GB 1600mhz DDR3)

G

Looking to upgrade my 3Gb 580 was waiting for the 780 but now I'm looking at the Titan I guess. Dont want to wait till Fall or get a 680. I game at 2560 x 1600.

G

If the rumored Titan gpu will be release this month and the GTX 700 series won't be released till Q4 then that means, it will be called naturally the GTX 685. If not, then it will be a new naming scheme with roman numerals: the GTX DCLXXXV!

icehot

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
I think that's good, it's really difficult to keep up with current technology when things cost as much as they do, I love to see innovation and new technology but I'd also rather my investment in it went a little longer, if a decent refresh came about every couple of years then that kind of money is not so far fetched to spend. I'm still good on my 6950 crossfires until the end of the year then :)

Neet, I get to keep that new video card smell a while longer!!

[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]damn, i was looking forward to a 8770 or a 8870 so i could see if my witcher 2 problem is gpu based or nothorrific mouse lag kills that game for me.[/citation]

You wouldn't happen to be using a bluetooth mouse would you? When I used one it was TERRIBLE. So, bad infact, I ended up selling my bluetooth keyboard and mouse set... My new (non-bluetooth) set works fine, so I know it wasn't my system or software.

Status
Not open for further replies.