Report: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan Z Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony8989

Distinguished
I think the only way that Nvidia can come out of this on top is if they release the GTX 790 using dual Maxwell processor s. If they can put out a dual card that equals or betters the 295x2 on air cooling with half the wattage requirements - they can call it a technical win. Other wise they lose this round .

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
With the price tag they're asking for the card, I don't blame them one bit for at least delaying it. Maybe the costs might go down to reasonable levels by release. If not, they should scrap it and move on.

AngryCorgi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
The bigger issue is that the Titan Z costs nearly 200% what the 295X2 costs. You'd be absolutely idiotic, if you're a gamer, to purchase the Nvidia product over the AMD product if there wasn't a SIGNIFICANT performance advantage for the Nvidia card.

hannibal

Distinguished
Who knows... This is just a halo card, so it is better make it faster than make it cheaper (from Nvidia viewpoint). Maybe a water-cooled Titan Z with 3500$ price?
Also there just can be some problems getting enough low leaking GPUs for this card and they are stock piling them enough...

Steveymoo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Yes, they would need to either halve the price, or double the performance, to compete with AMD this time. No gamer in their right mind would pay $3k for a card that performs around the same, or even slightly better than one that is half the price. Only the hardcoriest hardcore nvidia fanboys, who earn a load of money.

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
A card originally thought for gpgpu, doubled in performance, tripled in price, delayed because unappealing for gamers. What were they thinking?

shogunofharlom

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Titan ZZZZZZZZZZZs. A very appropriate name for a product that fell asleep at the wheel. Maybe they will wake up and drop the price to a respectable level.

Shankovich

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Can't even compete with two Titan Black's in SLI and costs $1000 more than both of them. Come on guys, I'm sure even your most loyal customers won't pay a $1000 premium (and seriously, one fan for two cores?? Even the best engineering in the fin gaps won't help that).

Shankovich

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Sorry for the double post but this card just needs a better cooler to bump those core/memory clocks up, and a hefty price drop. I doubt it'll cost around the 295x2...I'd say $2200 considering how nVidia prices stuff would be more "reasonable" after a new cooler.

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I think they may surprise everyone and release a GTX 790 Ti first. Same elegant design as the 7 series but with dual coolers and then later release the Titan-Z using super high end Maxwell parts. Dare to dream, right? Too often they've allowed AMD to show their hand first then cut it off at the wrist for anyone to think that Nvidia is taking this lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS