Report: Nvidia Prepping Maxell-based 750 Ti for February

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
You know with this new architecture, it just might. If this 750 can hold it's own against the 660/560, and stays within the typical x50 price range, it could turn out to be one of the best bang for buck cards we've seen in this range of performance. Perfect entry level card for a console gamer wanting graphics that will match and exceed the quality of graphics that the new consoles generate.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
You know with this new architecture, it just might. If this 750 can hold it's own against the 660/560, and stays within the typical x50 price range, it could turn out to be one of the best bang for buck cards we've seen in this range of performance. Perfect entry level card for a console gamer wanting graphics that will match and exceed the quality of graphics that the new consoles generate.
660 type performance would be my guess. Something to slot in right under the 760 in their lineup, probably targeting $150 - $200 range.

x50TI (GM117), means 128-192bit memory bus max., 128bit more likely. i expect this one to be memory choked like 650ti boost. current kepler gpus could easily perform higher with 256bit bus, but nvidia cripples them so that they can gouge customers (gtx 660, 660ti).
and "
TechPowerUp reckons Nvidia might be testing the waters with Maxwell on the existing 28 nanometer process before taking things to the next level on the future 20 nanometer nodes.
"? doesn't that mean qualcomm and apple fab-blocked nvidia? tsmc is already going into high volume production for 20nm arm socs ( seemingly from vendors that are not nvidia, lol).

CaptainTom

Honorable
May 3, 2012
It would take more than 660 performance to beat the PS4. The 760 does just barely. Howwever it WILL easily beat the XBOX One, but then again that's not saying much lol!

hannibal

Distinguished
With the same production node they can not make this much quicker without making this chip bigger. 5-10% top more speed than 650. (if the size remains the same.) As someone said, this is a test run, and "real" 800 series comes later with smaller production node. What this allso means, is that 20nm production node is not quite in there just yeat. Interesting to see how long it will take untill it will be out and running in highend GPU production.

wdmfiber

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
TSCM was ramping up to 20nm last October:http://www.tomshardware.com/news/tsmc-20-nm-lithography-hkmg,24487.htmlI'm looking forward to the high ends cards(200 - 300 watts, 20nm), likely only a few months away.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
People still care about what nVIDIA has in the works? How quaint :)I would have thought that their lack of keeping up with the direction in which the industry is heading would turn most of its fans off. I mean proprietary closed ended solutions are just so 2004.Oh well... I guess they'll just be as surprised as the 3Dfx fans were when that company went belly up.

Considering the implications of a current lawsuit and Nvidia's current bank balance I can't see them going belly up any time soon but then I'm also happy to leave it to history to record events.

FunSurfer

Distinguished
The most interesting thing about the 750 Ti is its power consumption, according to the graph above it should be a 1/3 than Kepler's. Also I hope Nvidia is working on a solution to the AC4 BF Physx performance (the GTX880Ti)

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
The most interesting thing about the 750 Ti is its power consumption, according to the graph above it should be a 1/3 than Kepler's. Also I hope Nvidia is working on a solution to the AC4 BF Physx performance (the GTX880Ti)
Yeah and that most likely isn't going to be seen with the 750 Ti. Even if it has 660 or 660 Ti performance, those power envelopes are already as tiny as you'll get on 28nm. In a good way.

its a RUMOR and the big "news" of this rumor is shared GPU and CPU memory. which with nvidia must mean system memory. um.... AMD already did HSA and actually makes CPUs/GPUs...

and their first card would be a midrange card no one with current gen would go for? sounds really week to me

I thought it was going to have an embedded Denver processor and if so then wouldn't that share the the same memory as the GPU and not the system? And which AMD card also has a CPU on it?

west7

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
i wounder how much the performance gain will be? if 750ti have some power as 650ti/660 no one will buy them and i think it will cost lot more then kepler

I want to see how this :- " The next big feature is that Maxwell GPUs will embed a 64-bit ARM CPU core based on NVIDIA's "Project Denver." This CPU core will allow the GPU to reduce dependency on the system's main processor in certain GPGPU scenarios. Pole-vaulting the CPU's authority in certain scenarios could work to improve performance" is going to turn out.

http://www.techpowerup.com/196956/nvidia-readies-geforce-gtx-750-ti-based-on-maxwell.html

redeemer

Distinguished

Hey Mouse, yeah Nvidia has a ton of Money however their avenues in the consumer market are dwindling. They wont succeed in mobile thanks to Qualcomm, Apple, Samsung. Another big blow was the loss on the professional side Mac Pros now use FirePro. Devs will now be optimizing for AMD

Nvidia will retreat from the consumer market in the coming years. Competition is very fierce

redeemer

Distinguished

AMD Mullins
4.5w Quad core X86
3X CU 192 unit
GCN

K1
5W not confirmed more like 10w
Dual core ARM
Kepler 192 units

Qualcomm 805 is suppose to boost gprahics by over 40% over existing 800 series chip.

As far as HSA goes Nvidia is years behind the competition

By the way, you have yet to respond to what this was about :-

Care to enlighten?

toddybody

Distinguished
TSCM was ramping up to 20nm last October:http://www.tomshardware.com/news/tsmc-20-nm-lithography-hkmg,24487.htmlI'm looking forward to the high ends cards(200 - 300 watts, 20nm), likely only a few months away.
Really hope the 880 hits soon...had been holding on to 670's in hopes of 800 series hitting 1st Q. Broke down and grabbed a pair of 780's from EVGA, if lucky 880s will be out in 3 months for STEP UP :|Im really hoping it's on the new lith...would love to see 780ti performance at ~170 watts and ~500.00 USD :D

Status
Not open for further replies.