Report: Nvidia's Tegra Bags Zune HD Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

montanabay

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
um, why is "bags" in the title of this news piece? You make it sound like NVIDIA is backing out of the deal, not confirming it....unless you mean "begs", but that doesn't make sense either...

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
um, why is "bags" in the title of this news piece? You make it sound like NVIDIA is backing out of the deal, not confirming it....unless you mean "begs", but that doesn't make sense either...

It means they got it, obtained it. To that effect.

mcnuggetofdeath

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
Give me HDMI out with up to 1080p and the option to run a third party browser, then im seriously interested. Put a phone in that and ill weep that I recently bought an N95

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Microsoft can't make a cell phone and continue selling cell phone operating systems. I'm fine with a PMP and this thing looks very very awesome. I'm just curious as to what kind of games this thing will be able to play and where they will be coming from.

mcbowler

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2007
It's in the bag! It's in my bag too as soon as it is available. Oh wait.. I already have a multimedia player that also has a PHONE built in. Im sure this toy will be nice though.

squatchman

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
[citation][nom]montanabay[/nom]Yeah, I guess my point is one shouldn’t use a idiom in the title of a news piece…since it can go either way[/citation]

Repeat after me: "Would you like fries with that, Sir?"

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Would be nice if this had Windows Mobile allowing the ability to load apps (other browsers for example). This is of course competing against the iPod touch (of which i have one and enjoy using it). Cant wait to see some reviews.

mustseehdtv

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
They need to add and HD camcorder to it, so it can compete with Flip and other mini HD camcorders. I'm buy that! But make it 1080p (as RCA is coming out with one)

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]war2k9[/nom]I will buy one when they don't requires you to use zune sofrware.[/citation]
I actually like the Zune software, but I do agree with you. I would wish that they give users the capability of treating the device as if it were an external storage device. That way you could just drag music and crap over using Explorer if you don't want to install a proprietary software on your computer.

Enginerd

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2008
This thing looks amazing and will be a very nice upgrade from my Zune 80. I'm just really surprised this is the first Tegra device. Saw the technology a while ago. Wonder why it took so long to come to market?

MrF430

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
I might pick this up when it becomes available, I too wish it had a phone feature as I need a new "smart" phone. :\

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
[citation][nom]war2k9[/nom]I will buy one when they don't requires you to use zune sofrware.[/citation]
It'd be great to be able to use Zunes on Linux. Not that I don't have a dual-boot, but still, it'd be nice.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Very interested. Have not made up my mind if I am going to buy one or not. Might wait till well after its release into the wild and see what the rest of the animals:) think of it first before plunking down the cash.

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
If this was a phone, I'd def get it. I'm happy with my 120GB Zune 3 for now.... although that internet is pretty awesome. The Wifi on all the other Zunes is pretty useless imo.

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]montanabay[/nom]“We decided to bag McDonald's for Wendy’s, since my buddy wanted to bag a quadruple Baconator.”[/citation]

never in my life have I seen or heard the term "bag" used in any way other than the seecond use in this sentence. That may be a regional thing though, like "hella".

Hellcatm

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
I think the Zune HD could just be a test to see how many people are interested. If it sells decently I can see MS putting a phone in it, hell they may actually have the software and hardware made and just waiting to see what happens with the Zune HD. Also my other thought is that the phone will use Windows Mobile 7 which I think will be a better OS than what the Zune is using. A phone will have to run a ton more apps so I think a simple music player running what ever OS the Zune us running 6.1, 6.5, and it'll just do what a media player does, nothing more. WM7 will hopefully be the Windows 7 of the smart phone and look nice, be fast and have good multi-tasking. We'll see, its just a theory I have.

talys

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
The device to beat is Archos 5. The 5 is perfect for viewing movies -- light, fantastic screen, quick startup, great battery life, and usable (if not great) browser.

G

Standalone music players are so last decade. Seriously, what's the point microsoft. Make an all in one device like the iPhone. At the very very least make an app store, give Zune WiFi/3G so you can download files, vidoes, games, movies and music from the App Store wirelessly.

So one wants just a standalone music/video player that does little else anymore. We want an all in one device that we can do everything we need to with, from recording video to making phone calls, to GPS, to downloading music and movies and watching them right then and there. But I guess being behind the curve is what microsoft is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.