News Report: Radeon RX 5500 XT Launches Next Week, RX 5600 XT In January

Sep 13, 2019
as per usual amd late to the party, im tired of this bs, why do we need to wait like a year before amd can respond to anything from nvidia??? low end gpus are no answer to it, amd should really just take their head out of there asses and actually make products the customer wants, why do i have to wait one year for amd to make a card that will trade blows with let's say 1660ti?

Their product range is just always both late and in weird price ranges, always trying to fight with price to performance, why not fight performance to performance? how hard could it be for them to just drop 5600xt alongside with 5700xt etc? AMD just does not want to compete with nvidia on respective price and performance levels.

InvalidError

Titan
amd should really just take their head out of there asses and actually make products the customer wants
And I suspect there are way more people who want $150-250 GPUs when there are compelling options at the lower end than there are people interested in $300+ ones, so AMD is doing exactly that if you look at the market as a whole instead of only enthusiast-level stuff. Same reason AMD aimed the RX470-580 at ~$200.

As for why AMD (and Nvidia) makes people wait so long for faster lower-end parts, that's simply to upsell impatient people to higher-end old and new stock before releasing the new lower-end parts that will under-cut old stock on price for similar or greater performance. it gives board partners one last chance to finish selling 400-500 series boards before they have to drop prices again to clear inventory and make (greater) losses on them. Milk the top, mitigate potential losses at the bottom.

Sep 13, 2019
if there was a gpu with same performance like 1660ti i would definitely buy it instead of my 1660ti that i just got yesterday, and calling such card "enthusiast" is overstatement by far, it's hardly a midrange card.