Report: White Xbox One Coming, Also $50 Price Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
X1 and PS4 both totally underpowered for todays games and those coming in the next 5 years. What about 4K TV???? Why can't I stream movies from my DLNA home server to X1? Thing is a joke, I'm pissed. So many features missing for a so-called multimedia machine. Not even close. They want you to subscribe to all of their services and spend tons of money. Not happening, I rent movies and rip them to digital files... have like 3,000 HD movies. Why the hell can't X1 handle this task?????

vagrantsoul

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Sorry the XB1 wont help you with streaming your pirated movies

But it also won't help me stream the stuff I've shot myself, encoded and ripped from my private collection as a space saving measure, and files i've downloaded LEGALLY from one vendor or another... not really seeing anything to get me away from my ps3 and tversity, especially with a new gaming/design rig

Merry_Blind

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
I don't really like the design of the console in black, but in white, I have to sey it's pretty sleek. The controller looks good as ever though.

X1 and PS4 both totally underpowered for todays games and those coming in the next 5 years. What about 4K TV???? Why can't I stream movies from my DLNA home server to X1? Thing is a joke, I'm pissed. So many features missing for a so-called multimedia machine. Not even close. They want you to subscribe to all of their services and spend tons of money. Not happening, I rent movies and rip them to digital files... have like 3,000 HD movies. Why the hell can't X1 handle this task?????

You realize that's illegal with huge fines.

Also, when you're only rendering in 1080p, it requires much less system power.

Also, when you're trying to meet a price target and still make a profit, power and price have to be balanced. For $400, you essentially get a fairly powerful computer that can play games. Try and buy a PC anywhere close to that with more power.

josejones

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
I HATE white!!! I would much rather have silver or a brushed aluminum color. But, I won't be buying until XBox 1 finally upgrades and finally does what they should've done in the first place.

Genox

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014

I could build you one easy.

You realize that's illegal with huge fines.

Also, when you're only rendering in 1080p, it requires much less system power.

Also, when you're trying to meet a price target and still make a profit, power and price have to be balanced. For $400, you essentially get a fairly powerful computer that can play games. Try and buy a PC anywhere close to that with more power.

ntrceptr

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
WDTV works fine for me, streams any file format I have shared on my home network. My console is for gaming enough said. Forget 4k TV that isn't gonna be a standard for many many years.

joaompp

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
I bought my Xbox One with Kinect brand new from Ebay for $425 delivered, and I feel that was a fair price for the system, but I'm starting to regret my purchase because Microsoft's is just flailing about with all their policy changes. Pick an agenda, have some balls and stick to it.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
I HATE white!!! I would much rather have silver or a brushed aluminum color. But, I won't be buying until XBox 1 finally upgrades and finally does what they should've done in the first place.
I agree, brushed aluminum would look really nice, but it would also drive the cost back up. If they did a special edition in brushed aluminum, I bed it would be back up to a $500 price tag, but it better have a controller to match, if it could be made without being able to get dented easily.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I like the white one. Matches my Dreamcast better, especially with the white controller. :) If they do drop price and/or include the right freebies, I just might pick one up eventually.
I agree, brushed aluminum would look really nice, but it would also drive the cost back up. If they did a special edition in brushed aluminum, I bed it would be back up to a $500 price tag, but it better have a controller to match, if it could be made without being able to get dented easily.
Dented easily? They wouldn't use real aluminum. A limited production run of real brushed aluminum models would be expensive as heck. It would be better to have a limited edition with faux brushed aluminum or maybe a darker steel look.

vagrantsoul

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Guess they're still recouping the R&D and tooling costs... agree that it should be going a little lower, maybe another small bump down (or incentive packages) for Christmas...

Status
Not open for further replies.