Question Reports of 400 and 500 Series Intel Motherboards Not Giving Video Output From Discrete Graphics If Paired With An F-Series CPU - Worried.

AtomikDjakareh_32G

Prominent
Aug 25, 2022
Got myself one of those new Comet Lake Refresh i3-10105F CPUs, and I intend to pair it with a B560 mobo so I can upgrade to Rocket Lake later this year or early next year.

However seen a few videos where people report these motherboards don't initially recognize the PCIe GPU, resulting in no video output and a 5 or 8 beep error code.
This error occurs due to either CSM incorrectly disabled from factory on the UEFI or the onboard (iGPU) video being incorrectly selected as default video output on the UEFI settings from factory.
Thus forcing the user to buy another CPU with an iGPU just to be able to change the wrong settings.

I haven't bought the motherboard yet but will do so next week, should I ask the store to update the UEFI for me so as to avoid hitting this? Won't have money to buy another processor for another 2 months.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I had not read of such. I always suggest to go ahead and spring the extra $ to get the CPU with integrated graphics anyway. If ever comes up a troubleshooting issue, having the iGPU is FAR more valuable than the ~$30 (if that) price difference.

AtomikDjakareh_32G

Prominent
Aug 25, 2022
I had not read of such. I always suggest to go ahead and spring the extra $ to get the CPU with integrated graphics anyway. If ever comes up a troubleshooting issue, having the iGPU is FAR more valuable than the ~$30 (if that) price difference.

Here in Brazil Intel CPUs with iGPU are much more expensive. But when I switch to Rocket Lake will make sure to get a non-F variant.