Reports Say Mobo Prices Going Up 10%; Gigabyte Says Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Not a problem for me if the workers are going to get better wages. :)

jtennison

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
Even if prices rise 10%, that won't stop me from buying a new motherboard when Ivy Bridge desktop CPUs and associated MB chips come out. :))

Dyseman

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
[citation][nom]psupanova[/nom]Who care's building your own PC is so 1990's.[/citation]

Well for you Gateway and HP Lovers like yourself, their motherboards will go up too. So it hits you as well.

psupanova

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
[citation][nom]Dyseman[/nom]Well for you Gateway and HP Lovers like yourself, their motherboards will go up too. So it hits you as well.[/citation]

Gateway? HP? Buying a PC is so Noughties......

[citation][nom]psupanova[/nom]Who care's building your own PC is so 1990's.[/citation]
Yeah, sure you can buy prebuilt computers if you don't mind a poor combination of mediocre parts.

YAY!! Gigabyte!!
I always like them, I think my next mobo will be Gigabyte.
(I'm not an ASROCK fan anymore.)

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
[citation][nom]psupanova[/nom]Gateway? HP? Buying a PC is so Noughties......[/citation]

Let me guess, your not a PC... you're a Mac...

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
This is a fairly good news article. Wages for workers going up, and a company somehow finding a way to do it without steep rises in the costs of their products. As long as Gigbyte isn't cutting corners somewhere, this sounds like great news. Now, if only the next AMD chipset would come out, I could buy the new board I've been putting off.

cmart332

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
Copper was at 9630.0 $/t on 8/2/2011, 6860.5 on 10/5/2011 and was over 10k a year ago. These fluctuations over relatively short periods of time haven't lead to major price changes in mobos before (correct me if I'm wrong), and I don't see why they would going forward unless the unnamed source is projecting long term price increases in copper. If the price of copper is 21% less than it was a year ago the reported increase must be based purely on the wage increase (or something else we don't know about).

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]Yeah, sure you can buy prebuilt computers if you don't mind a poor combination of mediocre parts.YAY!! Gigabyte!!I always like them, I think my next mobo will be Gigabyte.(I'm not an ASROCK fan anymore.)[/citation]

Gigabyte: Asrock price ranges with Asus reliability.

Just FYI: that's meant as a compliment.

I just wish they got their new models out faster than Asus. They still have no E-450 model board on the horizon, and the only Brazos model available is mini-ITX. Asus has more selection. I hate how Asus puts in angled SATA connectors along with angled cables. I hate those. Straight cables and plugs are the only way to go IMO. Most cases won't accomodate edge-mount angled connectors.

jdamon113

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
with todays quility boards maybe there deserve the perk. I would rather them raise the item by a mere 10 percent then to cut back on quality

even you gigabyte. My perfered board.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]gsacks[/nom]How, Chinese labor is cheap. I hope their wages do go up.[/citation]
Saying something like this is ignorant. Their wages are a factored in with everything else. One dollar in China is not the same as 1$ in the US.

[citation][nom]psupanova[/nom]Gateway? HP? Buying a PC is so Noughties......[/citation]

Even if your mac, it will still affect you.

As for trolling, I got a friend that will love to meet you. [:graywolf:8]

Fluffy_HP1.jpg

(you were warned ;) )

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
What? Motherboard prices going up? Why don't those manufacturers slash wages and lower labor costs to combat the rising copper prices?! Screw the workers, I want to save $20!

/sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.