Question [Repost Kinda] Did I screw myself? Overclocking CPU

Aug 22, 2019
Hi everyone,

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-3200
Mobo: ASRock B450m Pro4 mATX
PSU: PowerSpec 650W 80+ Bronze
GPU: Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GB

I clocked my CPU to 3.8GHz @ 1.4v and my RAM to DDR4-2666 @ 1.4v. Last night when it seemed successful I was running Fortnite at a smooth 250-300 frames per second, but today when I booted up and got on to play some games, I realized in more intense moments during gameplay (big gunfights, Fortnite endgame), my frames were dropping to about 30 FPS. So I set my RAM back down to 2400MHz @ 1.35v, but I am still experiencing these awful frame drops and it is nearly unplayable.

I tried downloading AMD Overdrive to stress test and find the best stable oc for me, but upon downloading and restarting my computer so Overdrive could configure, I was dealt the blue screen giving me "AODDriver2.sys" error, something along the lines of that. After researching I eventually uninstalled Overdrive via Safe Mode which fixed the blue screen/boot loop issue.

Now once I finally got back into Windows 10, everything is much much slower. When sliding my mouse across applications on my desktop I get bad lag and it skips over applications that would usually highlight when doing this. Loaded up Fortnite to find that moving my mouse even a centimeter drops me down to 20 FPS when even just in the lobby.

CPU and GPU usage/temps are completely fine, as well as memory and disk usage. Everything has slowed down a lot, loading apps takes longer, and I can tell everything overall is super slow.

I have been working to fix this for hours, someone please help!

I am new to overclocking and would love to learn more. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts