Republic Commando...

I've been playing this game for a few levels and am getting really bored.
The problem is its so linear, and everything is literally spelled out for
you. Every order you would need to give your commandos, every objective, put
right in fromt of your face, you just push the button. The maps seem large,
but are really just long hallways from point A to B.

Does it get any better later on or are you just led by the nose the whole
way? Very boring. The presentation is top notch and absoutely awesome, but
the gameplay is like I'm back playing Dragon's Lair or something.

- Cryo

"andrewv" <avanspronsen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> How is the online Live play?

Haven't tried it, but there's no co-op, only deathmatch, and Halo2 is better
so I just don't see any point to this gam eunless the single-player mode is
fun and I'm just finding it boring so far. Go here, put your commando here,
open this door, kill monster, repeat. At least if I had to figure out where
to go and what oreders to give it would be fun, but its all just given to
you right in your hub.

- Cryo

"Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in message
> I've been playing this game for a few levels and am getting really bored.
> The problem is its so linear, and everything is literally spelled out for
> you. Every order you would need to give your commandos, every objective,
> put right in fromt of your face, you just push the button. The maps seem
> large, but are really just long hallways from point A to B.
>
> Does it get any better later on or are you just led by the nose the whole
> way? Very boring. The presentation is top notch and absoutely awesome, but
> the gameplay is like I'm back playing Dragon's Lair or something.
>
> - Cryo

werd. I am also underwhelmed. its just another uninspired yet still
marginally good FPS. wish I would have stuck to my original plan of going
to the store to get KOTOR2...hangovers be damned.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:32:01 -0800, "Khee Mao"
<big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in message
>> I've been playing this game for a few levels and am getting really bored.
>> The problem is its so linear, and everything is literally spelled out for
>> you. Every order you would need to give your commandos, every objective,
>> put right in fromt of your face, you just push the button. The maps seem
>> large, but are really just long hallways from point A to B.
>>
>> Does it get any better later on or are you just led by the nose the whole
>> way? Very boring. The presentation is top notch and absoutely awesome, but
>> the gameplay is like I'm back playing Dragon's Lair or something.
>>
>> - Cryo
>>
>werd. I am also underwhelmed. its just another uninspired yet still
>marginally good FPS. wish I would have stuck to my original plan of going
>to the store to get KOTOR2...hangovers be damned.

I enjoyed Republic Commando despite it's numerous shortcomings, but
I'm glad I rented it since it's a bit short and has no replay value.

Lucasarts has the foundation of a good series if they give the player
more strategic options, a longer quest and less linear maps.

bm

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2004

I really enjoyed Republic Commandos, even though it is a bit short with
only 3 sections for the game. My hope is that we'll be seeing more stuff
when downloaded material becomes available. I'm hoping they held off
some levels do to spoilers of Revenge of the Sith

Levels I was thinking would be great downloads are...

<<<<<<<<<<<<SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Don't read if you do not want to know some of the details of Episode III

<<<<<<<<<<<<<SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm thinking of Order 66, where the Clones turn on the Jedis and start
attacking them. Think of the beginning of the level where a Jedi general
is leading you into battle, and just as the battle is won you get Order
66, and now you must hunt down and kill all the Jedis.

Or Attack of the Jedi Temple, where you follow Anakin (Darth Vader at
this point since he is christened Sith Lord before encountering Obi-Wan
on Mustafar) as he destroys the Jedi Temple and you even help out
Emperor Palpatine (Darth Sidious) as he battles Yoda on the Senate
floor.

Or maybe fighting on Mustafar as Anakin finishes off the Separtists
leaders. Or rescuing Palatine on the Invisible Hand while Anakin and
Obi-Wan battle Dooku and Grievous. Theres a lot of worlds that could be
open once the movie comes out.

Just some ideas...

Imperium <frankmelo@sbcglobal.net> wrote in