Question Repurpose cell antenna for fm?

Daxbuddy

Prominent
Sep 19, 2020
In our rural WA location, we used a Wilson yagi antenna connected to a cell booster to get a phone signal for years. Recently we got Starlink, and now wifi calling has made that defunct. So, our other challenge is FM reception. I already have the yagi mounted on the roof, which feeds via a coax cable to the cell booster. Can I replace the cell booster with something that can enhance our FM signal - i.e. run that signal into an adapter of some kind to plug into our little stereo? It has only one of those cheap push-on FM single wire antennas.
Apologies for the lame description, basically wanting to adapt the yagi output to serve as FM antenna.
Thanks

In our rural WA location, we used a Wilson yagi antenna connected to a cell booster to get a phone signal for years. Recently we got Starlink, and now wifi calling has made that defunct. So, our other challenge is FM reception. I already have the yagi mounted on the roof, which feeds via a coax cable to the cell booster. Can I replace the cell booster with something that can enhance our FM signal - i.e. run that signal into an adapter of some kind to plug into our little stereo? It has only one of those cheap push-on FM single wire antennas.
Apologies for the lame description, basically wanting to adapt the yagi output to serve as FM antenna.
Thanks
I would not expect it to work. The Wilson yagi is designed for the 698-2700, 617-2700, and 698-900 MHz bandwidths. FM uses the 88 to 108MHz bandwidth. You would also have to have model 314475 which is the only model that terminates with a 75 ohm connector compatible with FM stereos. While there are still outdoor FM bandwidth antennas available, if it doesn't affect your Starlink system costs you would probably get better sound using the online versions of the stations you want to listen to and just connect your computer sound output to your stereo.

Reactions: Corwin65

Daxbuddy

Prominent
Sep 19, 2020
Thanks for the info. I guess I suspected as much, but hoped I could make it work. I think I will experiment with a DIY FM antenna for my basement stereo, there seem to be many videos available. Will have to try a streaming option for upstairs.
Cheers

Reactions: dwd999