Reputable (or not reputable) Power Supply Brands

Chenmaster

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
Hi I was just wondering what brands for power supplies are reputable. I have read up on this but only got a few brands (Antec, Fortron, Seasonic) and was just wondering if anyone had any brands that they want to rave about (or brands to wipe from the face of this earth). Thanks!

Chenmaster

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
Thanks. I think after I get a bunch of manufacturers I will have a poll. If anyone has a favorite (or hatred) list them here!

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
agreed with all above, my fav is Enermax.

who I would buy off:

Antec
Enermax
Thermaltake
Tagan

who i would avoid, if falling that i would beat em to death with a block of cheese! MUHAHAHAHA! a'hem anyway:

Q-tec
all standard PSUs that come in shop built computers

other dont know where to put them never used them myself:

Fortron
Seasonic
X-Pro
Akasa
Hiper
Ultra-X
Zalman
OCZ

jokersgrin

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2005
In my opinon Pc power and cooling makes the best PSU..their $$$

rock solid voltages, top of the line internal componets...built like a tank
I got a 400W from 3 years ago and it still doesn't budge on the voltages, to me that says alot about the company

My second is a OCZ mod stream 450w, just got one 5 months ago. Not a problem yet and its voltages are rock solid too. Good looks and its modular, which I was worried about that, but I have faith now :p ..OCZ that is!!! :lol:

good luck

rantonrave

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2005
Add Antec, PC Power and Cooling, Zippy, Wintact (not to be mistaken with Wintech), Etasis, and brands used by companies like HP and Dell, such as Lite-On, Delta, and Emerson/Astec, none which are common on the retail market, except as replacement parts.

Ignore other brands, such as Sirtec (makes Thermaltake and several other brands), especially since Fortron is so good and cheap.